Why do people use ad hominem attacks when they loose an argument?

Why do people attack your personal character when they realize they can't win an argument?

It's like: "you may be right, but I'm still better than you". LOL not really

I've seen people drive themselves crazy trying to win arguments this way. Literally months of trying to get "revenge" on one person.

Most Helpful Guy

• You would assume that, seeing as how you ask the question about arguments you're probably a combative, solipsistic and conceited asshole. They might just be labeling you and not resorting to anything. I won't get into a mud slinging competition with you, for the aforementioned reasons. Have a nice day :) lmao

• I just want to say, there are hundreds of questions on gag every day. I ask about 10 or so questions in the span of 3 months, and I unleash like 30 million questions directed at me personally for completely irrelevant shit. Okay.

If you don't like my questions on gag, ask more interesting questions, or ask questions about religion, we live in a democracy. If you want to label argument as combative, you need to go somewhere where everyone agrees with you.

• Most atheists aren't interested in posting rows of questions attacking Christianity. I suppose 20 centuries of Christian rule taught them not to do it.

• kobe23, is that what you did? Naughty boy!

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• It's the human ego. Besides, "people's views of the world are resistant to change." Even if they realise through logical reasoning that they were wrong, they don't want to depart from the view that they are right, so they will find a way to degrade the person who was right in order to stay "right" and maintain self esteem.

What Guys Said 4

• They realised they can't actually win based on the merits of their argument, and lack the strength of character to concede to a worthy opponent.

• Why do you?

• You want to, you know... Give me an example? tu quoque is also an ad hominem and a fallacy in its own right.

• Of course, you're sure. :D
      This says enough: http://www.girlsaskguys.com/user/kobe23/questions

• I just don't understand how you guys can loose an argument and still have the same position? And then claim that yore smarter than us? That's kind of... Never mind I'm sure there's more people on your side who are more obsessed with this argument than me. Lol

Including you, who always answers those questions.

• All I know is that doing that pretty much cements the idea that they have no argument.

• Exactly. So why do they do it? For months at a time...

• It's mostly atheists...