Why does it seem like guys will break their neck to compliment but women don't? Is it because most guys are incredibly thirsty and lame?

I always wondered why guys compliment women at a alarming rate , but the majority of women don't do the same. I think its because most guys are so desperate and thirsty to give compliments. I never give compliments. That's so beneath me I rather swallow ricin before I lower myself to do that.

Most Helpful Guy

• You hit the nail on the head. You go with bombing ricin, I go with snorting anthrax.

What Girls Said 5

• I compliment people if I genuinely have something to say regardless of what gender they are.

Giving compliments is beneath you? That's a silly thing to say, it means you are concerned about looking desperate, which makes me think you have something to hide... like your desperation.

• The problem is the women you go for then. I give plenty compliments to guys.

• I personally am OVA receiving compliments about my face and body, especially from random strangers but do SHOW men how attracted I am to them by agreeing to go out on dates and being honest about why they impress me.

ie: Serial dater right here.

• How is it lowering urself? I give compliments all the time to make people feel good.

• It's not lowering yourself, it's doing something for someone else. Do you get laid often? Because it doesn't seem like you would. I am sorry for all the women who have to be in your life.

• It is lowering yourself. Women hardly ever do it , why should guys break their neck to?

• If you're with them, that should be enough in its self.

• People like to feel loved. I don't know anyone that isn't diagnosed as a sociopath who doesn't worry sometimes if things are a facade. I have never met a girl who doesn't like being called gorgeous every once in awhile by the person she is investing part of her life in. Nor have I met a guy who grows less passionate when someone they care about intimatly says they look handsome or sexy. Your a shallow minded person with no consideration for other people. I pray that no woman ever has to be suscepted to the kind of relationship you have to offer.

What Guys Said 4

• Don't take it so harshly.

Women generally don't compliment men because if they do it to be "nice and friendly" men automatically think "oh, she wants me." Now women have to deal with that so they don't compliment.

Ever notice the women who do compliment you are usually women who are older or at least very undatable? That's because they know it's safe for them to give compliments.

I still compliment women because it makes them feel good, i also compliment guys when they get hair cuts, get new clothes or weight loss. It's just good to spread positivity, sometimes i get some positive back and sometimes not, it's all good.

• Women also automatically think that if a guy compliments them to be nice and friendly , the guy wants them too

• "Women also automatically think that if a guy compliments them to be nice and friendly , the guy wants them too."

This is not entirely true.

It depends on how you compliment them. I do it all the time, the thing is you just have to be genuine with it.

Maybe you're coming off strong or the compliment makes them uncomfortable? Or if i am just simplying saying "hey nice sweater" and they take it like i just said "i want to motorboat you" then so be it.

But women are very intuitive, they know the difference.

• From a pro woman type of view point you would be right I guess.

• It's mating behavior based on the evolution of sexual human biology.

You have to look at it like this: mating for a man was a very cheap investment. A male only gave away some small amount of fluids that can be replaced automatically in a short time. Mating for a woman was potentially a 9 month investment + all the extra resources required for childbearing. It's like $1000 vs 10c.

So because of that, the imperative of a male pursuing a female is not any sort of risk compared to the opposite. He's basically getting his 10c turned down for $1000. Therefore, a male getting turned down did not affect his status in the tribe through his ability to be dominant, since it wasn't an extraordinary outcome. For a female, status is dominance, and for a female to be turned down is basically saying that her $1000 worth is not worth a male's 10c. That is a tremendous blow to her value and status in the tribe.

The behavior developed around this premise.

• And this developed behavior does not know it's 2015, not 20,2015 BC.

• Yeah whatever.

• Oops I meant to say that it's because women are evil bitches. Better?

• LOL I get and give compliments... because it makes everyone feel good... its not lowering yourself...

LOL you just sound like you don't get compliments and you feel angry...😀

• I don't compliment because I over think it.