Why can't I find any motivation what so ever?

i am motivated to do things like eating, sleeping, working out, being social.. but when it comes to school i literally do not care at all anymore. i used to cry over my grades and now i'm failing almost all my tests and i don't care in the slightest. i even almost failed a course and didn't stress about it for a minute. i don't understand anything happening in class i just sit there and zone out. i don't know what happened but i need to get my act together and everytime i try i just end up not caring again.. i did have pretty bad depression for a while but never did anything about it and it got better now but i still go to dark places at times.. could that have anything to do with it? i honestly don't know what else could be the problem

Most Helpful Guy

• I had the same problem as I got towards the end of my high school career, you just start to not care anymore. I got threatened with not being able to do my extra cirricular, if I didn't start passing my classes. So, I worked hard. Sometimes, you just need a little motivation such as being threatened with not being able to do certain things until you do better

What Guys Said 2

• I understand that happened to me one semester, i was going great in harder classes b4 but then i was just through with it

I didn't even care if i showed up to class, if i was failing... fuk oh well

• What made you loose the motivation for your course work? I mean every time I see my ex walking back to our complex i kind of get depressed and do a little worse for a few days.

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds as though you might still have depression, even if it is not as bad as it was. Maybe try speaking to a specialist about it? small things such as hormones can have a huge effect on motivation.

Hopefully you will spring back to normal in no time!

• You have given up and you find comfort in your failure because you don't expect anything better.