How do I deal with being bullied about my race in school?

I live in the south and the kids here are really brutal with words and stuff about me being black. there are only a few other African Americans in the school so I basically have no back up.

I just dont know how to keep up with this anymore. And it's getting kinda scary.
It's not just verbal though I come home with bruises and stuff like that all the time. and my parents don't care they refuse to listen when I tell them about it

Most Helpful Guy

• It sucks to be different sometimes hm?

Well how do you deal with this, if they are being verbally agressive, like calling you out. Tell the head principal, tell a teacher, parents, somebody
    don't be afraid to talk about it

It's just words by the way, they don't mean it. They just want to hurt you, you shouldn't really care, it's the reaction that triggers them to proceed

What Guys Said 2

• This is very seriously. I would inform an adult you can trust at your school or try convincing your parents by showing them your bruises. Anything to get them on your side. You can even call the police if no one comes to help you. Either way, you need the assistance of an adult to end this. Your bullies are dangerous and causing you feel unsafe. No one should go through this. I wish I could give you better advice, but I hope it helps.

• Call Al Sharpton.

What Girls Said 2

• Report them to the headmaster. It's not acceptable and should never be.

• Can you tell your parents and get them to have you transferred to a different school. I'm sure if they knew you were being racially abused they wouldn't want u in that environment.