What would you do if your family member that you live with was abusing your pet?

My brother apparently hit our family dog with his fist (I don't know how hard, I didn't see him do it, he told me himself) and I found water on her (I think he hit her with a thermos that had water in it). I just yelled at him and said that if I catch him abusing her that I'd call someone on him. Then he started yelling and threatening to hit me. This all happened at 3 in the morning. I'm really upset right now.

Most Helpful Guy

• My story:
    So my sister has been having a bad day and was frustrated with the cat not wanting to eat. I finally got the cat to eat, and then she's like "Oh now you want to eat?" and she hit the cat, scaring it off...
    I gave her a light slap on the neck (not that powerful, but you heared it, the slap) She was shocked I did that.
    But then I explained her that her reaction is no different from the cat's. On top of that the cat depends on us, trusts us, and is not as intelligent and physically strong... it's just wrong to hit it.
    She immediately felt bad about it and I comforted her.

What Guys Said 4

• What would I do? This dedicated student of karate an animal lover would shatter his jaw in five to seven places, then break both his arms and then talk with him about how he needs eyes to see my dog to be able to abuse him/her. Shame if something should happen to them.

• I would tell your parents.

• My mother knows because we were fighting in front of her. My dad doesn't though. I feel like I should tell him.

• So is your brother Michael Myers?

• He sounds like he got anger issues.. Also sounds like he's a bully. I've been the bully and been bullied... None of that shit is good... Vicious cycle

What Girls Said 3

• gosh.. he is a total jerk... i would hit him with the same thermos.. can't you call police of something?

• Keep the dog with me at all times and hope that he tries to hit me, because then I could have him arrested.

• It is never fair on an animal to be hit. I would try to keep and eye on your brother and maybe tell your parents if you live with them. If he keeps attacking your dog it could become violent and aggressive.