Why do some people find it so hard to dance to reggae music?

Why is this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think some people dance based on melodies rather bass tones and rhythms. Like they can only follow the overall melody of the song, and then on top of it they're probably bad dancers anyway. Nothing like corny white people dancing to Bob Marley, aka the only reggae artist they know😂
    http://youtu.be/d7tRCfSuMTY

What Guys Said 8

• Probably afraid to let themselves go.

• Reggae is black music. I am of the view that a person has to be black to be able to dance to it. I have not seen anyone who was not black do justice to it.

• Reggae is very good for dance

• Probably because they're not "stoned" like everyone associated with reggae normally is.

• You can't dance to it then?

• I can dance to it. I'm not saying I can win "so you think you can dance" with my dancing or anything though.
      But I'm not totally impartial to a bit of Bob Marley and the wailers.

• I love that RUDE by MAGIC! My hands and frets starts automatically moving when I play that song

• they just don't get it.
    day ain't feelin da vibes mon

• Are you white?

• Does it matter?

• Yes, I agree although I trained as a ballerina in my youth and can pretty much dance to anything, However, I have seen both white and black people (and other races) spectacularly fail to connect with reggae music.

• I saw Snoop Dogg last week and he was fine dancing to reggae.

Weed helps.

• i can't dance reggae im not a good dancer

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know personally I can dance to anything :)

• I agree. Music can be interpreted so many ways.

• I just recently did an autobiography for school and I chose to do it about dance because dance has helped me so much over the years :)

• Simplest thing ever. Just let the rhythm take you.