What are some major news headlines in your country right now?

Here in America right now besides the recent cop scandals the next biggest story right now is A prison escape that happened in New York state. 2 convicted murders had help on the inside to escape prison. They are believed to be anywhere in the country right now, but New York police believe that they are still in the area. So what's going on where you are?

Just an update: A worker at the prison in NY state has been charged with sneaking contraband and helping to plan escape. Both are felonies in the United States. Her husband whom also works at the prison is also being investigated and questioned.
More news going on: A tropical storm is preparing to hit off the Texas Gulf Coast, A woman is being accused of lying about her race, Two shark Attacks happened on the North Carolina coast, Jeb Bush the brother of ex president Bush will be running for the office in 2016.

Most Helpful Girl

• Greece is not meeting its obligations and the EU wants Greece to pay its debts

• Whats the EU going to do?

• the elitists rule and the citizens support them because they want their welfare. It is a lot like the US. That is where the US is heading quickley. Democrats handing out welfare to the underclass to buy votes. In my home country if you don't work you don't eat. It is a good system.

• Republicans/libertarians are growing. I did get food stamps for 3 months after my mom died. But as soon as I got a job and insurance money from her cancer life policy they were cut

What Girls Said 8

• The Alton Towers crash on The Smiler in England which caused one girl to have her leg amputated, another broke both his knees and some are still in hospital.

The tourists who went to Thailand, I think it was, and stripped off naked on top of a sacred mountain and have now been arrested. The pope said they caused the earthquake they had 6 days after they visited, but the locals have said they don't agree with him.

• Wow, All because of nudists?

• I think it would be all over the news if the Pope said that. All I see is local authorities. i have been Catholic all my life and never heard to Pope say anything like that so it would be surprising and woukd likely be on the cover of magazines. I am guessing local people said this. To say the least, tjose people were culturally insensitive to the locals.

• The locals said they didn't agree with what was said, that the earthquake wasn't caused by them. I agree that the tourists were insensitive.

• The top story on the BBC News website is "Naked mountain photo climbers jailed". Basically some people went up a mountain, got naked, took a picture. Didn't realise it was super sacred and were jailed for 3 days.

• I've heard bout that.

• Oh the Brits and Irish have to fly to mainland Europe right?

• We don't have to, you can get a ferry or go through the Channel Tunnel. You have to get a ferry to go between Ireland and England, or fly. And then to get to Europe , fly or the options I mentioned.

• not huge major headlines that affect the country, but in my state right now, the most talked about thing is this video:

www.theguardian.com/.../ben-ross-arm-wrestle-break-video

• That's what I found
    http://allafrica.com/morocco/

• The election - and everything about it - is what takes the most headlines in Denmark right now.

• Our election is next year and we have a shitload of candidates already

• Well the last time I watched the news they talked about how the new mayor wants to end carding

• Some climbers who posed naked for a photo on a sacred Malaysian mountain have been jailed and fined

• Human Ken Doll's girlfriend released a sexy photoshoot after his burial.

What Guys Said 11

• here in Canad: The Senate just passed Bill C-51 by 44-28, despite massive opposition from hundreds of thousands of everyday Canadians and the country’s top privacy experts. Reckless Bill C-51 will now become Canadian law.

This "anti terrorism" Bill goes against some of the most important reasons for being a Canadian.

a few details I pulled from the link that I'll leave at the bottom.
    7 day preventive detention may or may not involve interrogation.
    Many Canadians may be vulnerable to detention based merely on the fact that their name appears on a terror suspect’s cell phone call list.

The restrictions on how a government shares data have been "loosened"
    prohibitions on speech that promotes or glorifies terrorism which infringes on Charter rights to free speech.

This will cause many people to not trust local law force and community-based programs such as the RCMP’s new counter-extremism initiative may prove less successful, since they rely on open and candid communication.

It's not that Canada is easy on terrorists either, we've do arrest people who seem to be extremists. it's just now their rights as a Canadian seem to have been taken away. not to mention people who are mistakenly arrested.
    thewalrus.ca/.../

• Wow sounds just like US politics

• 01: Conservative, 02: New Democratic, 03: Liberal, 04: Bloc Québécois, 05: Green, 06: Forces et Démocratie
      These 6 are the main ones. the 3 biggest ones are usually Conservative, New Democratic, and Liberal.

We also have a whole bunch of smaller parties ranging from Marijuana to something called Accountability, Competency and Transparency.

Than there's province/territory ones too. here is a link to the Wiki.
      en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_political_parties_in_Canada

the Canadian Political system is quite complex.

• Here it's Republicans (conservative), Democrats (Liberals), independent, Green party, Tea party, socialist party,. The latter 3 never get anywhere.

• In the British news...

A schoolboy who stabbed his teacher has been caught.

Someone won £93 million in the lottery.

A woman has returned her child after having abducted him following a court ruling that the father should have custody.

A woman who was caught taking nude photographs in Malaysia is returning home.

• Props for the interesting question!

A few from Holland:

- United States considers the use of heavy weapons in East-Europe
    - Dutch Syria-fighters are getting homesick
    - Blatter may stay in charge of FIFA
    - British spies sent home after Snowden leak
    - German students of medicine engage in fist-fight with asylum-seekers
    - Foo Fighters not performing on Pinkpop festival
    - Rutte leads 'titanic-orchestra'

The last one meaning: Mark Rutte is our prime-minister and he's basically leading a cabinet that is failing but they won't out it as such.

• I heard about the US-European weapon exchange.
      Here in the US today: Police shoot and kill a man who shot up a Dallas, Texas police station.
      Woman arrested in helping 2 prisoners escape.

• So it will be tried in US court

• I am not sure. Most officials aren't from the US, they could be extradited to their own countries for judgement later. To be honest, I don't know all the fine details surrounding this mess.

• Here on Saturn, 5,000 mosquitoes are in a hunger strike demanding return of their exhiled cousin Nicki Menaj to return.

• That horrible mistake in the sentence highlights that I can never be a good news reporter. :(

• Hi... American here. Agreed to your stories, but would like to add... the Obama administration is ignoring a mass hack of federal records by the Chinese and doing nothing to help Iraq fight ISIS.

• Great points!! ISIS is already recruiting members here in America to try to carry out plots. Good thing we stopped those two in Boston. And I agree on the Chinese hacking scandal

• I can't believe even his own democrats turned on him after his proposal in congress

• Obama sendin more troops to iraq. What a joke

• I haven't been paying attention to the major news headlines.
    Probably something about immigrants causing some sort of damage or the prime minister lying his ass off.

• Some territorial disputes in the South China sea

• Obama again.

• The death of Christopher Lee is the only one I care about.

• "Muslim terrorists this and that". Poor Muslims, victimized by the media.