GAG'ers, of all bad things that could happen to you, your relationship, family or the world, what is the one thing you're most afraid of?

This is a very open question. We all have our worries, like:
- the political or economic situation in our country.
- people around us becoming ill or being hit by drama.
- your relationship failing.
- losing your job
And so on... what is the one thing you're most afraid of?

Most Helpful Girl

• #1 my kids being taken and hurt.

• Oh my goodness please let that never happen... the most precious thing in the world for all parents are their kids :D

• This answer is so incredibly true it can only be the MH... and let's all hope this will never happen to any of us or our friends & family :D

• Thanks for mh and I totally agree. I wish no one ever had to experience this!

What Girls Said 10

• I guess I am afraid of not being able to handle being a mother.

My second biggest fear is that I will suffer when I die.

• Oh yeah that second fear I share with you. I hope to be able to delay it a year or 40 to 50 but when I have to go, make it sudden heart failure please... no pain.
      I guess that once the baby would be there, your instinct would make you love it and take care of it. But, admitted, to me as well it would be a big lesson - the closest I've seen a diaper getting changed is from a metre (3 ft) of distance haha :-)

• Well right now I have so many things going wrong in my life that the worst case scenarios and fears are more serious than normal.

I'm hoping that my brother doesn't have to leave us, but only time will tell us that.

• Oh my goodness, do you mean he's ill and is fighting for his life? That's not so nice darling, wish you all the strengh you need!

• No, sorry I should have worded that differently. It's not of that nature.

• No problem, and if it's a little delicate no problem if you prefer not to talk about it :D

• That my sister dies. She's basically all I have and I love her so so muc. That's the worst thing that could ever happen to me and I would probably end up killing myself.

• bet she wouldn't want that though

• Oh goodness, what happened there, has bad luck hit you so hard before?
      Come on girl, make the best out of it. Try to remember the people you've lost with a good feeling. Admire them for who they were :D
      I know it's not easy but... we feel with you okay :D

• Haha yeah I try but I would completely lose it if something happened to her. Thank you :)

• Demise of my parents

• Thumbs up they'll be around for much much longer Kangy :D

• In short death.

• Of course, and if one day it has to come, I prefer a sudden death... no illness of bad injuries. Just sudden heart failure or so.
      But, preferably in 50+ years :D

• Yes I watched my father suffer an extreme lingering death from cancer. It was the hardest thing I have ever endured in my life. I would have to say even worse then my own near death.

• Yeah those are the dramas that leave a live long impression... so far I've been spared but never say never.
      A month or 3 ago a good friend's father died from lung and brain cancer and she kept me posted... those where no nice stories to here but she needed listening ears.

• Never being able to see my family again. Including everyone blood related or not: brothers, sisters, boyfriend, girlfriend, grandparents, uncles, aunts, best friends, etc...

• Yeah that would be a nightmare for most of us. Man is a social animal, we need our loved ones around us!

• I can't think of anything right now :(

• Haha no problem, let's keep it safe and stay away from drama :-)

• losing the ones I care about... defs Jesse atm :/

• Lossing my family (death) of course.

• Oh yes dear, we all share that fear :-)
      Thumbs up we'll stay away from such drama!

• The political and economical situation of my country.

• How's the Indian economy doing? There was an article in the press yesterday here in Belgium, explaining that the relative importance of the "upcoming economies" (India, China, Brazil,...) are becoming less important and Europa and North America are gaining importance again.
      I must afmit I'm not familiar with the political situation in India... tell me something about it!

• Good luck with it... or is it behind you in the meantime?
      Thanks for adding all those details, and let's hope the drought turns out less severely than expected or stays out :D
      Thumbs up!

• I don't know, lol... Thanks, we hope so too and you're welcome. :D

What Guys Said 9

• falling off a boat in a sea of sharks. like seriously fuck my life at that point.

• Oh my goodness Bert, at that moment you would really be in deep... you know what!
      Maybe talk to them about motor bikes, that may coll them down.
      With some luck one of them rides an Harley Sharkson 8) 8)

• losin my hair

:p

jk... but honestly i cannot figure out anything else... but yeah i'd feel sad if all my hair gone :(

• Haha we sometimes make the joke that putting mustard on your head would stimulare hair growth but I'm afraid it may not really work :o :o
      On the other hand rumour has it that some girls like heads without hair (inspiration for my next question haha).

• truth is many gals like bald dudes... yet i couldn't even imagine myself bald...

• Me neither, but at least it's good to know they won't look away :D

• To not have someone to protect.

• Someone dieing on my watch and I'm not able to do anything about it, while I know the chance of that happening is pretty low, it's still something I've always been afraid of, but I've taken the proper precautions agaisnt it.

• I see, logical that you're afraid of that and good that you took action proactively :-)
      Are you a doctor?

• Oh yeah I see! With "your watch" you mean when you're guarding a camp or military infrasructure and due to your mistake, collegues get killed... I hope that won't overcome you :D

• No I just mean when I am out and about and I happen to have people with me, I don't want anything to happen to them. Unlike many of my family I am not in the military yet.

• I had a semi-irrational fear of my mom getting very ill.

Luckily, her medical situation passed and things are looking really great now. :)

• That's more than good news Dodgers :D
      Let's keep it healthy from now on!

• My wife's health worsening.

• We keep our thumbs up for her Jacques. Miracles don't happen but I hope your courage gets rewarded!

• Probably losing someone I care about the most

• Oh yes, walk through the answers... that's a fear we all share!

• It would be me dying.

• I share that fear, especially if it's a painful death!

• atm
    disappointing my family

• In what way could you disappoint them? Related to exam results? Or your behaviour? Something else?

• Behaviour, failing to accomplish things
      Exam results is just a small part of that

I just want them to be proud of me

• I'd say: do your best! You have it in your own hands :-)