Is being pregnant really that miserable?

Rachel made it seem like it was unbearable when she was pregnant

Most Helpful Girl

• Some aspects are some aspects aren't. It also depends on the woman. Some woman just have the hormonal changes and the weight gain to deal with. Some is just the hormonal aspect and the weight gain is no problem for them.

There are some woman on the other hand get other effects as well. Some end up with Postpartum depression, some get mood swings, others end up with insomnia, heart burns, nausea, high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, haemorrhoids, Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD), dizziness and light-headedness, bloating, swelling, fluid retention, abdominal cramps, congested, bloody nose, increased urination and incontinence, bleeding gums, breast pain and discharge, shortness of breath, hair loss or increased facial/body hair, infection including from serious and potentially fatal disease. There are many other things that can happen to a woman during the pregnancy but not every woman will feel every one of them during the pregnancy.

What Girls Said 3

• Well, I'm sure some women feel that way. I wouldn't know. If it was really that terrible, I doubt humanity would have gotten so far.

• who is rachel?

• It's not a walk in the park

What Guys Said 1

• As a parent, I'll tell you: it is only miserable if there are severe health issues or unsupportive people (or no people at all) with the pregnant woman.

If you love your woman and are there for her, pregnancy is a wonderful phase of life to enjoy together (though it requires a lot of care, patience, *hard work* and, yes, it sometimes hurts).