How do you feel about tip jars at places like Starbucks?

I just read a few forum posts about how tip jars at are ridiculous. Apparently many people consider them greedy, especially because Starbucks already charges so much for its food and drinks.
How do you feel about tip jars? Do you think a friendly cashier or barista deserves a tip, even if they are already paid minimum wage?

• Tip jars are great.
  • Tip jars are stupid.

Most Helpful Girl

• I never tip at Starbucks. They already charge me too much for coffee!

What Guys Said 4

• indifferemt mostly

• If that money actually goes to the employees, I think it's fine. It's not as if you were obligated to tip: if you don't want to, the jar being there won't make any difference for you.

• Great, as long as it ends up in the workers pocket.

• Tip jar for wan't you not waiting my table.

What Girls Said 4

• most people dont want to carry coins from they change they receieve, so inevitably they place it in the tip jar. I guess it would be better to be giving this change to charities, which many do...

• nothing, as they are not mandatory, why would anybody think anything of them? Give if you want and don't give if you don't want. The end.

• I'm from the UK we don't really tip.

• I dont really care about them.