So, Rachel Dolezal says she is black but her white parents say she is white. So is she black because she says so?

Bruce Jenner says he is a woman. Now Rachel Dolezal says she is black, is he? Can she now get minority status for jobs and promotions?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/12/spokane-naacp-president-rachel-dolezal-may-be-white/

• Anyone is whatever they say they are
  • No, she isn't black
It seems you can changes sexes but not races, in some people's minds. Even though changing sexes is far more of a change. Some aurgue that you can't appropriate a culture but who said culture is defined by racial boundaries.

This woman presents herself as black. She identifies as black. But liberials say she cannot be black but at the same time they say Jenner can be a woman. Hypocritical if you ask me. As for me, both are wrong as their DNA says otherwise.

Most Helpful Guy

• Caitlyn Jenner isn't a woman, and Rachel Dolezal isn't black. Reality is objective. Facts trump feelings.

That said, pretending to be of another race is far less of a leap than pretending to be of the opposite sex. So, people who label Jenner a woman should label Dolezal black.

• I 100% agree!

• Pretending to be another species is becoming popular now too. I can't remember what that is called, though.

• I don't know either but some will say it is okay as they can be who they want to be.

What Girls Said 6

• My mum come from a tropical island near Africa, where there is actually people of white colour, but with some black features of the island , (the nose and the lips ) my mum's friend is one, she is blond and her skin is white. but her body shape is the same as the othr woman of the island and my mum , small woman haha
    My mum is black though , i am mixed as my dad he is of white colour , and still i dont refer my self to any , nor white or black.
    So that is actually funny that this woman try to convince people that she is black , she is not, her parents said they are german , czech and USA.

haha. I guess it s simply to promote herself. it does work actually

• She is white. It's clear that she's not just a light skinned black person or that she did skin bleaching (like Michael Jackson did because he wanted to be white). Whoever voted her into being the president of an NAACP chapter is a moron. I would think that position is only open to ethnic black people.

This is a case of cultural appropriation and it's obvious, and I imagine it's offensive to black people. It would be like me putting on moccasins and saying I'm First Nations, when I'm clearly of white Eastern European descent.

• NAACP says that race hasn't been a criteria but I think they are saying that because it is an embarrassing situation.

• Lol, I typo A LOT and my spelling sucks.

• Oh OK. Was wondering.

• Trans-racial isn't a thing. It's just cultural appropriation.

• Transsexual wasn't a thing either :)

• Wow, you're hateful. Bye.

• Race is just a social construct, nothing more.

• She looks like a white girl with a weave to me... bruce Jenner got surgery, you can't just announce your black😂😂

• Color does not define someone and who they are, at least it shouldn't. It's just a color so, it doesn't truly matter. While gender does define a person quite a bit.

• A black person may disagree with you on that :)

• it clearly does matter in this case.
      she was a spokane for the NAACP. you can't just pretend to be black in an organisation like that. not to mention that this is also cultural appropriation.

• She can be whatever she choose to be 💁 its her life.

What Guys Said 8

• Well in those pictures of her, she appears to be white. That is a very odd story, I've never heard of anyone claiming to be a different race than they actually are. I'm not sure what the purpose of that would be.

• But Jenner has pictures where he/she is clearly a man. I think this is hilarious by the way.

• Rachel Dolezal has since told local media she is not in touch with the couple because of an ongoing lawsuit, and that she does not view them as her real parents.

Just saying...

• Yes, and she is black now because that is who she identifies as. Do you think she is black?

• So, you beleive that she can be black. Or you think she might have some black DNAwithin the recent past relatively speaking. DNA testing is easy today.

• We can all have all kinds of elements in our DNA. You and i could have Asian or African elements in it.
      During an inquiry, the police labs can NOT determine if the skin color of someone matches a DNA they found.
      The DNA can prove family ties and statistically certain DNA groups are more present in one continent. Not more.

• The interview was enough evidence.
    The real parents had a birth certificate as well.
    what freaks me out is how she doesn't even look african-american at all, how the hell does something like that happen?

• But Bruce Jenner was born male, his birth certificate says so and he competed in the Olympics and won. He says he identifies as female so now many say he is female. So if she says she is black, isn't she? There really isn't a testing threshold that I know of, hmmm, where will the Liberials come in on thi s one? Lol.

• I can see where you are coming from but its not the same.
      Caitlyn Jenner is a female because she identifies that way and isn't appropriating any cultures as she does so.
      Rachel made the NAACP look a fool and she went to extreme and offensive lengths to make sure she wasn't found out.
      Rachel = Cultural Appropriation. Caitlyn = Genuine body dysmorphia.

• I disagree but well said.

• I'd say it's whatever the genetics say. You can be who you want, but you can't deny what you actually are.

• she looks white

• But Jenner looks female. And she has tanned and made her hair a perm.

• well if her parents are white, then she is white. she should be happy

• Rachel is not black and Bruce is not a woman either.

• I think it's just a case of white guilt. Hell she's even claiming to be the father of her adoptive brother...