Are you a dog lover or cat lover and why one but not the other?

Hey guys and gals are you a dog lover or cat lover? Why the one you choose and not the other?

Thanks everyone for your answers to my question. :) hope your all having a good day! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a total cat lover for a number of reasons:
    - Convenience: I know in the US most dog owners sadly don't do this but dogs need A LOT of exercise. When I lived in America, all the dog owners I knew just sort of opened the door to their back yard once in a while so their dog (s) could walk around there. This really pissed me off because I'm sort of big on treating animal nicely. A dog (especially a medium sized or big one) can't get get rid of all his energy just by walking around in the backyard. You have to actually walk the dog. Here in my home country Switzerland, all dog owners go for extended walks with their dogs. You should walk your dog three times a day for at least half an hour per walk. Some dogs need even much more than this. If you have a German shepherd for example, you should walk it for 2,5 to 3 hours per day. It can be something awesome but I simply don't have the time for it. So my take on it is kind of like thinking about getting children: if you don't actually wanna treat it nicely, if you don't actually want to sacrifice your time for it - don't get it. Dogs aren't some kind of cutesy toy. They're animals and that's how they should be treated. If you don't have the time or the money to do that, don't get one. Just like you wouldn't get a baby if you want to work 100% and make career.
    - Cats are smarter. Yes I know there are smart dogs but generally speaking, cats just strike me as smarter animals. Especially the pedigree cats. My family has always had Siam cats and they are very smart. I also like how independent and free thinking they are. Dogs just always do what you tell them to do. They act way too submissive in my opinion. I like cats because they can be quite rebellious. You can have tons of fun with your cat but sometimes it also gives you this attitude that says "fuck you. Just leave me alone. I don't wanna be bothered. And no, I'm really not in the mood for getting cheered up with any dumb string games." I really love this. It's a part about cats that makes them almost a little human. Sometimes you're happy and sometimes you're grumpy and that's totally okay.
    - Purring: I know this might sound strange but it has been scientifically proven that cats' purring makes humans happy. Researchers haven't found out why exactly but they are sure it does.
    - Finally, I have grown up with cats. I've had a dog once but I've always had more cats. They've always been there with me, since I was born.

What Guys Said 7

• dog lover... will always choose dogs over cats.

The first reason being dogs are easier to train. I have my room, and they have theirs. I dont let them into the lounge or onto my bed for a number of reasons. firstly, it shows that im the boss and secondly I hate having pet hairs everywhere. cats can be trained, but its a much harder process.

secondly, im an ecologist and domestic cats are a nightmare when it comes to endangered native bird/rodent species. As such i try my hardest to discourage the ownership of cats.

• I love and have a deep connection with all animals.

• http://i.imgur.com/M9Ux9CS.jpg

Dogs, but I have both!
    I have 4 kittens!

She weighs about 100lbs, and was laying on me earlier^

• I like them both but I prefer dogs. Generally speaking dogs are more of a companionship-animal where cats kind of just do their thing. A cat can love you but in my opinion, dogs express it so much better.

• I have a cat but I like dogs too

• I don't like the dogs licking you, but I like it that they can love you more than themselves

• I love both but prefer cats for a few reasons. Cat's are not too needy and are easier to care for.

• People are a reflection of the animals they like.
    Cats are selfish, disloyal and sneaky, their affection is merely perfunctory.

Dogs on the other hand...

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6e1de1aa05.jpg

What Girls Said 5

• Cat lover. ^^ Which she just woke up. :D
    http://i.imgur.com/dFc4Csm.jpg

I don't like how some dogs will jump on you and then lick you all over the place.

• Dogs, they're great companions and very energetic... cats just sleep... like all the time... I thought I was lazy

• I'm a dog lover. They're more interactive and playful over most cats. I'm allergic to cats as well, so that doesn't help. I do think both dogs and cats are cute, though. :)

• I'm a cat person. I love dogs but they are too much work and too needy

• Cat.

Dogs are not allowed in my house..

But I would still pick cat as I feel they are more cuter..

I think they are cleaner than dog?

Anyway, I really want a munchkin !