Have you ever cheated death?

Have you ever ever almost really hurt yourself or miraculously survived?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, when I was 15 I did roof construction over the summer to pay for my first car. It was late and we were just about finished for the day. I was on the ground cleaning up and putting tools back into the trucks.

I was asked to help balance one of the roughly three story tall ladders as they brought it down. They all metal ladder slipped and contacted a live power line. There was a bright flash and sparks were flying everywhere.

When the electric crew came out to survey the damage they noticed two burn marks on the ladder... one were the electrical current entered the ladder and one a few feet about where my hands were and were the current left the ladder.

They said we would have had a better chance of winner the lottery then for that current to do what it did by exiting the ladder just a few feet away from me.

If it had not played out that way the current would have likely caused my heart to explode

• Wow that's a close one. Glad you're still here.

What Guys Said 8

• When i was 12 or 13 (I can't remember exactly :S), I was on my Bike riding through this housing estate, And, Im going down this hill, And there was this turn off at the end with trees blocking the vision.
    So, I was going very fast down this hill, And couldnt see if any traffic was coming, So, Stupid ass me goes and crosses the road going flat out on my bike, And, as im crossing (Like halfway across the road), A car comes out of nowhere, And clips the back of my bike.

So, I go flying into the air, And this car slams on its brakes (Making this massive scream as it does), And, I get up, Completely fine, Just some scraped knees and elbows, But, My back wheel on my bike is COMPLETELY Fucked, LIke, It turned into a triangle xD. But, If i had cross that road a second later, That car would have hit me centre on, and, I probably would have gotten seriously fucked up if not died ;P

• Yup, when I was kid I crushed my mom's favorite vase and blamed it on my sister. Let's just say I'm a single child now...

• hmmm no... hope it'll never happen though

• Yeah, 3 times in my life.

I've almost drowned in the Mediterranean Sea, I've been hit by a bus and I was attacked by a gang of thugs one night.

I am immortal, bruh. 😎

• Numerous times. But, that's all I am willing to share with you.

• Not me but my brother did

• Does escaping a housefire count?

• I've walked away from two 18 wheeler accidents, one of which should have killed me. I've also been sideswiped by a pickup while riding a racing bicycle. I didn't walk away from that one, but I did walk out of the ER that night.

• 18 wheeler and pickup truck? You should stay away from vehicles, sir. Those are close. You are lucky. Im glad you're still here.

• Wow I'm never getting on one of those things.

• That's really scary though

What Girls Said 3

• Yes... I'll just send you the link instead of retyping it:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a6614-fear-of-death

• I almost got ran over by a car because I was thrown on the road but I made it off just in time

• Thrown on the road? Why?

• I was in elementary school biking home speeding down a hill. 2 boys a grade older than me were at the bottom of the hill so I yelled at them so I wouldn't hit them. 1 moved out of the way the other moved in front of me every time I positioned my bike to go around him so I hit the brakes and just ticked him with my front tire but it was enough to lose my balance and I fell over. (I was a small kid) So he picked me up threw me on the road and my friend and he big sister were scootering down the hill and saw me. A truck was coming they yelled for me to get up. They got me in time to help me up and move my bike and then the truck was right there. Almost got ran over.

• And all he got was suspended for a week

• Yes at least once in my life.