GAGers: Who do you consider to be the most overrated singer/band and why?

Updates:
Forgot to write this: I know I'm gonna get some hate from the older GAG members, but for me I consider The Beatles to be very overrated. Don't get me wrong, they're good, but I don't think they're "the greatest band in history" good.

0|0
7|5

Most Helpful Girl

• BeyoncĂ© because she just is and she isn't even that great. There are singers way better than her.

2|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I agree about the Beatles.
    I hear covers of their songs before I ever knew they were Beatles songs and when I hear the original it's just so bland and has no emotion or anything special about it.

0|1
    1|0
    • The reason why they were so big is because they completely changed pop and rock music. Listening to them now, they're nothing special since music has evolved drastically, but back then they were considered revolutionary.

• I get that. I just think hipsters who love them now only love them because of how famous they are/were
      Covers of their songs are all 10x's better in my opinion

• Taylor Swift because she's obnoxious and I don't understand why people like her anymore. She was fine like 13 years ago. For like a year.

2|0
    0|0
  • Ariana Grande and One Direction. I have no idea why anyone likes them. Their music all sounds identical.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Rolling Stones, I don't get how they still sell out places?

0|1
    0|0
  • LMFAO...
    //

0|0
    0|0
  • Britney Spears.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Nirvana. Easily Nirvana. Kurt Cobain wrote some good hooks, but they weren't great. And overall as a guitar player, he was mediocre at best. As far as grunge is concerned, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden were better musicians and wrote better and more memorable songs. Well, I guess "are" because they've since reunited.

How the folks at Rolling Stone magazine rated Cobain higher than Joe Perry of Aerosmith on the top 100 guitarists, I will never know.

1|1
    0|0
    • he was in da right place n at da right time actually... pretty much like Elvis or Beatles i'd say

• Rihanna or taylor swift obviously...

1|2
    1|0
  • pretty sure taylor swift is over fucking rated lol

2|1
    0|0
  • Katie Perry. She cannot sing. Sounds as though she has not had voice training. Listen to Firework and hear how she reaches for notes and then goes flat when she tries to hold them. She is a mediocre karaoke act.

0|0
    0|0
  • Almost all female singers.

0|0
    0|0