When you talk to someone with the accent that you've never heard of, or someone with several accents, does his or her accent bother you?

I've been told i have a weird mixture of several accents o_o
Would it bother you if you talk to someone with several accents or new accent that you've never heard of? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't bother me but I worry they'll get offended if I have real trouble understanding them. Sometimes I think people assume you're making fun of them when you just can't make out the words.

• :) thank you for your comment
      Yeah i also worry when i talk to others whether they'd understand my accent lol

Most Helpful Girl

• It only bothers me if I can't understand what they're saying. I'll ask where they're from.

• :) thank you for your comment

• No problem. It's just that one time I had a chemistry teaching assist with a really thick chinese accent. It was so thick we could barely understand what he said. So one of the girls convinced the professor to boot him from the class o_O

• That's sad :( yeah some people have very strondf accents and i sometimes have hard time understanding them

What Guys Said 2

• not at all, I personally love accents. I have been told I have a weird accent as well so it would be hypocritical of me to judge someone else who is the same.

• No, of course not Mei... you're doing your best and that's what counts :D
    Have you ever heard a Frenchman speak English , or someone from the USA speak French?
    The accent sounds weird but these people do an effort and that is always appreciated :-)

What Girls Said 5