Why did G@G have to assault us with a Windows 8 layout?

Seriously, what the fuck? Was this cacophonous assault on the senses necessary?

In the coming weeks, check your metrics. You will find that the Xper points earned per given period will go down indicating that the end user experience has gotten worse. This is a terrible highly disorganized design choice.
Once the metrics warrant, please make sure to terminate whatever executive and any complicit software architects responsible for this heinous redesign.

Do you like the new G@G interface?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I really don't mind the new layout that much. All things considered it's not the complete and utter revamp some people are making it out to be. I mean come on... It's still mostly the exact same website apart from the landing page, a new functionality bar and the moving/addition of certain features.

That said, hashtags are clearly not catching on and I'm glad. To the management I'd like to say: Listen to your users, but not too much. GAG is not a social networking site, no need to turn it into one.

What Girls Said 2

• I just got back home and noticed the change. The hashtag thing seems stupid. I miss the MyFeed and wish they have an option for that. I like how the topics tab is a lot clearer. Time will really tell if I really like it though. So far... meh.

• THEY JUST DONT CARE.

What Guys Said 4

• I like the changes so far. The feed is pretty much the same so is the toolbar. If you don't like these changes you must not have been around with the switch from the old site to this. It caused a lot of uproar. Took me a while to get used to it but it was for the better.

• To me it looks more like Pinterest or Tumblr than Windows 8. But yeah, it sucks ass.

• Windows 8 pioneered this horseshit. Lots of websites have since followed and each one is one that I cease visiting.

• Uhh, no. Tumblr was founded in 2007, and Pinterest was founded in 2010. Way before Windows 8.

• It's fine by me. There's a hashtag thing.

• gag pulled a youtube...

• More like a Facebook since they keep doing this shit over and over