If someone says "you are really white or yellow or dark today" would you think it is a racist comment?

I'm asking this because in Korean they tend to describe a facial tone in colours 😅

like if you look pale they would say you look very white
if you look tired they would say you look very dark
if you look sick or extremely tired they would say you look very yellow -___-
If you look drunk they would say you look very red lol

But in English if you say those things especially if you describe someone white or yellow, would it offend others? Would it be considered as a racist comment?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't feel it racist because I've grown up in a society where racism is no big deal and they use these things.

In India, we use like this :-
    ●If you don't leave your house or bath too often, they would say that you look very fair (in a sense of white)
    ●If you work so hard, especially under the sun, they would say that you look very dark.
    ●If you're sick, anxious or traumatised, they would say that you look very yellow.
    ●If you are angry, they would say you look very red.

I think it's a part of Asian cultures to depict and describe the condition and state of the person with colours.
    And we the people of modern society misconstrue this with complexion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be weirded out by it but it really does depend on who said it to me. I would be slightly more offended if a white oerson said it versus someone of color

What Guys Said 2

• It all depends on the intention of the person making the comment, if he or she did not have the intention to be racist, than for sure it's not racist!
    And the comments you describe, to me, do have nothing racist in them, not at all.
    Well, you'll never see me red Mei... though sniffing a glass of alcohol could make me drunk haha :-)
    I normally never drink alcohol 8)

• It would be confusing.

What Girls Said 5

• Those things merely sound like poetic expressions:) In the USA, we have this expression: "That's mighty white of you," " white" meaning "polite" or "decent." Now THAT is racist, not what you describe:)

• i have only heard ”you're so white!” but it's because i try to avoid too much sun so as to avoid turning red

• Only stupid people with high political correctness say its racist. ( well travelled or not)

• I'd be like "duh I'm really white everyday!" ;)

• Nope I won't feel so