How many times can you apply at the same place, before you potentially look like a stalker?

There's this store in our mall called Charming Charlie and I've wanted to work there ever since I first went into that store , last year. I immediately thought "I'd love to work here", it's just my kind of place and I get a good feeling from it. I've already applied there six times and have gotten two group interviews, but I never made it passed that. I've been going to the mall to get applications for other places there I'd like to work, but I had this idea to go into the store an ask for an actual paper application and maybe that will up my chances of getting a chance. I really want to work there, but I'm worried too much applying will make me look like a stalker or desperate for a job (which I kind of am lol). So, I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not. What do you think? How many times is too many times, when applying for a job?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think your main problems are your lack of a resume and you closing up when you finally got to the interviews. if you like i could help you go through everything and write up a resume that highlights your skills and how that can be transferred to help you in the job you want. remember even if you haven't had a job before you can still look good with volunteer experience in a retail setting (charity shops will always say yes) and in group work (showing you can deal with other people and work together as a staff team would and when dealing with customers), you can take free online retail & fashion courses which you can put on your resume too.

the group interview questions aren't designed to hire the person with the best life, they are mostly bs questions with no correct answer designed to see how confident and articulate you are which is important in a people based job so dont feel bad that some girls have come back from holidaying at some fancy places, it won't affect their chances of getting the job just tell them about the work experience/online course/latest outing youve been on or make up some stuff

• That's very kind of you to offer, but that's only part of my problem. My biggest problems are, I have no job experience (except helping my aunt with filing but I would have done that for free because she's my aunt. Plus, I actually like filing and stuff) but other then that I've never had an actual job. I never went to college and people don't like that, I do have my reasons for it but I don't think anybody really cares. Also, I have a lot of limitations of where I can work because I don't drive and my parents have to take me. They can't drive far, so it either has to be my town (which is small) or the next one over, that's it. There's many reasons why I can't get a job, it's extremely frustrating and depressing and I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

Thank you, for your answer it was very well thought out and kind. I appreciate it and sorry for rambling.

• are there any charity shops in your town you could apply for as a volunteer for a month or two? you dont need any previous job experience for those and they always need new volunteers, that would be great for your resume when applying for a proper job with the store you want because it shows you have worked in a shop setting before and you are able to handle customers. why dont they like that youve been to college? thats a good thing usually and you can write up skills youve learned from college (such as organisation, group work, communication skills) and put them on your resume to fill the space.
      www.job-interview-site.com/...h-no-experience.html

• No I don't have any charity shops in my town. And, I said I never went to college and that's what they don't like it. Sorry, if I misspoke.

What Guys Said 17

• When I got my current job, 25 years ago. I put in an application. Then once a month phone to see if there were any openings. As well I'd go down in person once a month. Every 3rd month I would put in a new application.

Showing a company you WANT to work for them is never a bad idea.

• I'd just put in an application every time the other one expires. It'll usually say on the bottom that the application expires every X days.

Also keep in mind while it may seem like a nice place to work, once you're there you can still find out it is a nightmare. I have read about this online with young boys obsessing over working at Gamestop. They think "video games! Awesome!" Then find out they got a boss drilling them about "the numbers" over and over again until they can't take it anymore. Finding out what goes on behind the curtain is extremely important.

• First you should figure out exactly why you weren't hired the other six times. You should fix as many of those reasons as you can.

Then you should figure out exactly what they are looking for, and develop as many of those attributes as possible.

Then apply again.

• you can apply forever. They will just know you want to work there. Why don't you go in and talk to human resources and ask what you can do to increase your chances of being hired

• Apply to all of them. And still after you are employed you always search for better opportunities for you.
    As for your 1st question, you will be a stalker if they said that to your face, until then keep improving your self and applying, as an employer I will be faltered.

• I really think if you want the job i would get a actual
    paper application and type up a resume and give
    your reasons why you feel you qualify for the job
    honestly i think it's good to be aggressive in way
    when you apply for a job it shows that you want
    work there..

• I'd see what else is out there is you already applied there multiple times and never got offered a job , I mean if they wanted you as an employee they already had there chance

• Lol I've never really though about this. What I would do if I were you would be go in and ask if you can speak to the hiring manager. Tell them of your interest to work there have a resume with you. Be honest on your resume. Tell them how much you want to work there. Ask them what you can do to strengthen your application. Take notes and do exactly what they tell you. Managers love that type of ambition from potential employees.

• Okay, thanks. Problem is, I don't have a resume because I've never had a job before. I've done work, like helping my Aunt out with filing at her job (which I put on my application as past work experience), but I don't consider it a job because I didn't help her all the time and I helped because she was my Aunt. Other then that, I've never had a job. So, I don't have any reason for a resume (which is one of my many problems).

• Were you in any clubs, go to college or any volunteer work? I think your aunt could be a reference for you and you put down some of the work that you did for her

• As much as it takes to get the job

• Though we didn't get hired me and my brother used to apply once a week over and over at the same places. Knowing this it adds further insult to injury every time we hear the BS lie they are just jobs American's don't want.

• I do that same thing.. pluss I don' have real resume and I think it is main reason why I fail for job and interviews. I think, I am not that kinda personality.. pluss there are moust female in personal head stuff.. and there is that trick I am not that good with girls :)

• I say 6 times is too much. If they haven't given you a job yet why try again. Why keep trying until you get it. What happens if you try another 6 times and do not get the job.

• If you look for work... as many times as needed.
    A stalker stalks people, not places I think?

• "Are you stalking me?"
    "I freakin' work here love, don't flatter yourself."

• Never cause its all one online and plus your a woman so people won't think your creepy.

• About 6 times.

• Most places expect a six month grace from the last application.

What Girls Said 17

• When I applied at American Eagle they pulled me aside for an interview right then and there. It may sound weird but if you walk in embodying their "look" they will probably be really receptive. My boss later told me I was the type they look for, young, stylish/clean, bubbly/friendly, and weirdly even the fact that I walked in with my boyfriend who had the same vibe about him made her more interested, I talked about how I was headed to the pride parade which is something American Eagle looks for (they casually sneak gay couples into the weekly training videos) because if you come off as bigoted you will drive away customers and lose them business! They are not as shallow as Hollister and Abercrombie though they like to hire employees of all sizes to show off how wide their range of jean sizes are (they have a huge range online and you have to tell customers that). What I'm saying is there are probably a lot of first impression things you might not have thought about. Do some research on the company, find some videos or testimonies from people who do or have worked there then walk in there embodying what they are looking for! Maybe even pick up a few of their items and wear one or two of them!

• Well, they are an accessories store. Jewelery, purses, shoes, etc, etc. I love jewelery and I always wear a lot of it, which they want and even wore the ring I bought there and the purse, still wasn't enough.

• You should do it!
    But when you give back the application make sure you hand it directly to the manager and make small talk with him/her so you can leave an impression.
    You still may NOT get the job but it still shows that you are committed.
    I state this because I knew a guy that put in over 10 applications, the manager knew him, and he still never got hired.
    I have no idea why!

• u know what? just keep trying. dont even worry about how you'll look. if them stupid people can't see that ur clearly determined for a job there, then theyre overlooking what could potentially be a great addition to their company.

their loss. :)

• Yuck, group interviews are THE worst! The key to those is to stand out as much as possible. On top of what everyone else is saying, if you ever get an interview again, think about your questions you'd want to ask at the end when they mention if there are any. Make them remember you!

• They are the worst and it's hard because the people that have been in the interviews with me have these fabulous lives and I do not, so I get intimidated and kind of close off because I don't know what to do. Like last summer I had an interview there and the lady asked us how our summer was going and at least two of the girls had these fantastic stories, one just came back from Puerto Rico and the other came back from Las Vegas and both were in college and going to be Doctors or something and I can't compete with that. So, I get sad and feel crappy about myself and then just don't say anything at all. I know people say not to compare yourself to others, but it's hard not to when your life is nothing like there life and it's basically just dull. It's hard. Sorry ramble lol.

• Oh no! D: You've got to be confident and own that interview!! You're not being hired based off of how your summer is going. Plus, who's to say their answers were even truthful? Just keep focused on you and what you're there for.

• That's what people keeping telling me, but I always compare myself to others and I don't know why. I guess in comparsion to most people I feel I'm not good enough.

• i would say keep applying every chance you get. what can it hurt? they will either hire you or they won't.

• my dad wanted a job at mcdonalds and once he turned in an application he called every single day. They said you don't need to call everyday when we get a spot we'll call you, he said that's great and continued calling every single day. He later got the job and excelled in it. But I guess his dedication really stuck with them

• LOL. I think you should. I finally got the job that I've been trying to get for years and I just kept applying. :)

• I think you need to try other places. If they were going to hire you I think they would have already. Sorry darling.

• if you really want to work there and that is what will make you happy then it shouldn't matter how many times you apply

• That is a really cute store! Research the company so you can have some evidence that you are interested in them in particular. Knowledge and confidence are key.

• How weird I've applied to the same store so many times!!! I know what you mean I love the atmosphere everything is so cute... Don't think your a stalker just that you really wanna work there eventually they will see that and take you on!! Good luck (:

• I think you've already applied too many times. After about 2 times you can be sure that you probably won't get the job. There's other Charmin Charlie stores around, so why don't you try applying to them as well?

• Dude if you haven't got a job from there now you should give up because if the manager doesn't like you you won't get the job she/he probably does wants to hire you that's why you haven't got it.

• You can apply over and over. You won't look like a stalker.

• Twice (fill)

• You should ask them to give you feedback which could help you find out why they aren't employing you

• How many times can you be rejected from a place before you realize you are not what they are looking for and give up?

• Well, I've applied to a bunch of places and I'm not what they're looking for either. So, I either keep applying to place after place or give up entirely because no one seems to want to hire me. So, you tell me what the answer to your question is?

• You need to work on your resume.
      Chances are it is what is causing the lack of interest.

• It's hard to have a resume when you've never had a job, it's a very complicated problem for me.