Girls, can you get close to a guy, without actually falling for him?

Most of the time, when a girl says she's "getting close" to a guy, it turns out she is starting to fall for him, as in love (romantic kind). Is it possible for a girl to "get close" but not have romantic feelings for him, ever?

I can't believe these shitty answers
More shitty answer

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Just getting close to a guy? Yes, if my best friend in high school counts. We weren't an item because we both realized it wasn't for us, but loved hanging out together, so that's all we did. Every night, every weekend... there was no sex, kissing, hand holding, cuddling... just a hug goodnight.

I guess I should point out he is very religious (I am not). He just liked me as a friend, and I him. When he did start to date this girl from his church, we stopped hanging out as often. When we did, it would be a group of us (his girlfriend included).

If I'm dating a guy and I say I'm getting close to him, then it could be in the early stages of falling for him.

What Girls Said 19

• Yes its possible. Personally, I instantly try to become friends with a guy before I try to progress into a relationship, but even though we might grow as friends, we might not click. Many girls dont see past friendship to see they have good guys in front of them, or they know the guy so well they make excuses not to date him, or they dont want to ruin the friendship with the possibilty of a relationship. However, just because a woman may consider you for a relationship doesn't mean she's interested in you. She's simply weighing her options.

• Yes, in my case, if I am not attracted to him at all. It's probably a bit harder if I am attracted to a guy, but it's still doable then if there are other reasons why I wouldn't want to date them. Even so, I can still remain friends with a guy if he didn't reciprocate my interest.

• Yeah. That's called "being friends".

• But even friends start falling for each other

• No. Not all the time. Because I'm friends with guys and most of them haven't fallen for me. This is when common sense steps in... lol.

• Maybe they have, and you just don't know. They may say they don't, but maybe they really do. Sometimes people don't like admitting their true feelings. You don't know what they're really thinking. You can't just assume they don't

• Yes. I have been very close to guys I'd never dream of dating.

• Find that hard to believe

• Then why would you befriend a guy like that

• Cause he had a good personality and I liked being friends with him.

• Yes, I have a couple really close guy friends. I have never felt any romantic feelings for them, they are like brothers to me.

• I think this can happen if your best friends to begin with, especially where boundaries are blurred and you can be very close but without the label of a relationship. ..

• So it really does come down to labels?

• What do you mean by "getting close"? Teling him personal stuff? Staying up and talking abiut random stuff? Bonding?

I've gotten close to guys (he could trust me with anything) before.

• Yeahh, like close guy friends are great

• Yes. I have many guy friends who I am just that, friends, with!

• Yes... but not ever... if I like his character.. I might start to like him.

• I don't think it's possible unless she only sees him as a Freind

• yup that's called friendship.

• I say that yes, a girl can get close to guy without falling for him, I've had many very close friends who were guys and I've never fallen for any of them

• I think so :)

• Yeah not all girls fail for there guy friends vice versa

• I can get close to a guy without falling for him.

• Yes that's possible for sure

• Yes of course. It's called friendship

• If I'm not attracted to him