Are you friends with unattractive people so that you don't end up dating them if they catch feelings?

My sister long ago told me that she only befriended unattractive guys so that she wouldn't ever get into the situation where many women are today--falling for their friend and possibly dealing with unrequited love, rejection, or the end of the friendship if the relationship doesn't work out.

Do you do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• lol sounds like me. I only have good looking male friends, but no hot female friends that aren't gold diggers.

What Guys Said 9

• I have 'unattractive' friends, but just because I like them as a person
    They are good friends, attractive or not

• I don't think people don't really "catch feelings" for people they didn't initially find attractive. I also think planning for the avoidance of failure usually doesn't really make you successful. If you avoid a potentially mutually beneficial relationship because you "think it might not work out"... well, that's a waste. More importantly, a friendship doesn't need to end just because infatuation is not requited.

www.theonion.com/.../but-if-we-started-dating-it-would-ruin-our-friends-11473

• No, I don't. Haven't thought about it like that. Friends are friends, if good looks was all it took to get me go crazy, I would be popping anti-depressants like candies.

• What? No.. most of my friends are attractive and that is a ridiculous thing to do

• I don't purposefully befriend people because of that.

• no thats something mostly women do to turn someone down "nicely", keep them in reserves, or control the relationship

• yes, not inner circle, just outter circle friends. they know as i let them know i m not into them.

I've had women catch feelings a lot so i friendzone muyself

• I think girls fall in love with their friends with benefits more often than they do with their friends

• They're already sleeping with them and more than likely find them attractive. So it makes sense.

• yup, I also think that guys are more likely to fall for their female friends than female friends are to fall for their male friends

• That seems like an asshole thing to do

• She wasn't really leading them on. She just couldn't befriend a hot guy because she'd want to date them and it was easier to befriend unattractive ones.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm friends with people I find a connection with. Whether I find them attractive or not is really irrelevant to me. What makes a person unattractive to me is mostly a ugly personality. Majority of my friends are guys and even though I have fallen for one or two I have managed to get over it with time. Most of them are in a relationships too which is nice cause it takes any pressure off. I have experienced more unrequited love with guys I weren't friends with/only dated than with actual friends.

• LMFAO! What? XD LIke I only befriend 4s or LESS? XD I don't know I see the logic but I couldn't do it. A lot more than looks factors into if I'm attracted to someone.

• True, but if you have to be physically attracted to the person to get into a relationship, this would work... lol. I don't do that though... haha.

• That's very true!

• The logic partly makes sense, but it's not the most effective solution, that is for certain. I'd assume people have a bit better self-control when it comes to infatuation, even if it's nature's cocaine. You don't have to date everyone whom you find attractive...

• No I don't do that. I don't really make friends with guys due to the possible love drama, plus lots of guys at my age are hella immature, and I'm not in the mood for that nonsense

• I make guy friends who are out of league so they don't catch feelings for me:)

• Nah.
    I would not do that. :p

• That makes no sense it would be easier to not make any relationship with guys that could possibly interested in you if you do not want anything to do with them. If they come at you to be friends or she wanted to be friends with them then okay.