Who is using windows 10 at the moment?

Is this better than windows 8?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is certainly better then Windows 8 but thats not very hard.
    I am not entirely sure if its better then Windows 7.
    I will probably replace the startmenu with one like Windows 7, once it gets more stable on my laptop ill probably make the switch because it was a lot faster for me.

• Also a BIG WARNING : DO NOT USE THE FREE UPDATE TOOL!
      In my test it deleted almost all my programs.

• ok... :P

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 8

• I've reserved it only for the Direct X 12 upgrade.
    To be honest I'm starting to think Microsoft is running out of ideas.
    I'd rather they go back to the basics and stop fiddling with all these complicated GUI.

I prefer the early dedicated machines than this... mess Microsoft is trying to do.
    0cb8dd5d2dc142d08f0f-eb3b436d25971e5860b39e72b0600342.r94.cf1.rackcdn.com/.../Z3QmaqvPBTIJ.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

• I find Vista way better than the newer o/s versions. The menu was easy to navigate and I could find control panel in less than 10 seconds. With wins 8, It took me a minute to scroll and read the long list of added programs.

• I kinda liked the Windows 95 motif better lol
      upload.wikimedia.org/.../...Desktop_screenshot.png

It's simpler. The newer O/S have way too many functions installed as default which the majority of the population will never use.

• The extras were games... but hell, I don't have time to play games. I'd just go online.

I feel all this is designed to keep the user stuck on the OS for longer hours. But I have a life outside of a computer. Sheesh.

• It's best not to upgrade yet. It will be a free upgrade for win 7 and win 8 users for a year after official launch date.

I am going to wait some while before I install win 10, as at the moment, it is sure to be full of bugs and security holes. That's the nature of the beast in its infancy!

• As an aside, I have an HD for my main machine with win 3.1 on it. I think I have one of the fastest macines in the world!!

• I'll need to reinstall my Windows 7 as a legal copy (shhh, I do have one! just was lazy because it takes 4 hours to update) in order to roll down to Windows 10.

To be honest, It can't be worse than Windows 8.

• No. But I'd take the upgrade if I didn't think I'd have to reinstall my favorite programs.

• I was using Windows 10 technical preview. It is a really great OS, as for me. It works really fine. But I faced some weird problem. I could not install Skype on it... Did anyone have such an issue too? I solved it by downloading the latest version of Skype from http://windows10skype.com which fully supports Windows 10. Maybe, this will be helpful for you guys

• Windows 10 isn't publicly available yet doesn't go live till end of June you can only get the technical preview

• Not entirely true, you had the insider previews after the technical preview and they are essentially the release version or at least very close to it, over the last builds we saw it mature a lot but it still broke on me since its unfinished.

• Even still you can't make a definite claim as to whether it's better than Win 8 until the full (less buggy) version is released, but from what i've seen looks a lot better and we have the start menu back

• I don't know but, I heard it's the last one that's going to be made. They're doing after this. I don't know if that's a rumor or...

• I never heard that came out yet I am on windows 7 windows 8 is bad

• It is on my laptop asking me to upgrade to wins 10

• I don't know. I got a pop up sign to give me an option to update my system now.

• You are welcome

What Girls Said 3

• I'm planning on upgrading... hate Windows 8.

• I'm not but I wanna know how it is

• I think anything would be better than windows 8 😂 gosh it's so annoying

• Wins 10 could be worse... (sigh)