Why are libertarians almost exclusively male?

I can understand republicans but libertarianism is essentially just maximum freedom for all. I go to libertarian events and it's a total sausage convention.

Most Helpful Guy

• With the exception of feminism, political discussion doesn't interest most women.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know much about it, but seems like libertarians often seem to have an issue with authority and men are far more likely to have that. While women like the security that organized society provides

• I'm a libertarian. Not a guy :)

• I've only met female ones
    I consider myself one
    But I go with democratics because yeah.

What Guys Said 3

• I think men in general just tend to be more into politics. Most of the women I know that are into politics at all are only interested in the feminist issues, and not the rest of the issues concerning society. So the political women tend to only be going to the feminist conventions instead.

• I think this article may help answer your question. Anyway, libertarians are very whiney and overly offended by mundane things like country flags or pictures of soldiers. They constantly complain and dont do anything about the stuff they dont like.

I dont think that is very appealing to women, and honestly it is why I left the libertarian movement.

thelibertarianrepublic.com/.../

• it scares women. and most men have autism. sounds odd, but then i reckon most of them have it, it's why they're all so logical.