Can you be addicted to music?

I've always been a classic rock fan an ice been listening to it since I was 12 years old. I listen to music in class, night, day, right now I listening to some Pearl Jam. Can you literally be addicted to music? I know this is probably one of the stupidest questions you've ever heard but whatever.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am... playing music, listening to music, thinking about music... anything to do with music! lol

• @drummerdude25 Do you know Ayreon? It's an international music project formed in my country who basically tell whole stories through their albums. I think it's great.

• Nope, never heard of it @Remonster... sounds interesting though.

What Guys Said 5

• Well if you can be addicted to music, you might as well call me an addict. I collect albums, play guitar/drums and pretty much have music playing 24/7. Also, when I'm not at work or dressed up, I have a music related t-shirt on.

• Nice man, I live in band t shirts. 😂 nice on the drums part. I remember the first thing I learned were parriddidles.

• I say listen to the music you like and wear what you want to wear. Don't get wrapped up in what other people think of you.

• I try not too. 😊 thanks for the advice. ☺️👍🏼

• Yes, very addicted.

• You aren't wrong. Read this:

news.softpedia.com/.../...mical-Basis-179952.shtml

Personally I can live without music every day just fine. It simply is such a common addiction that my habits are seen as weird, sadly.

• Hey they shouldn't be seen as weird, you like what you like. 😊

• But yeah, sometimes I just prefer the silence, especially when I need to focus. Other people claim to focus better with music on.

• Yes I get exactly what you're saying. Thanks for this, I learned some new knowledge today. 😊

• I guess u can. There are a lot worse things to be addictted to! But when u start not gettin outta bed, not washing ur ass, or start stealing for it u might have a prob.

• 😂😂 trust me I'm good there. I have to get up every day.

• Awesome! U have a great nite and keep rocking! Not many young kids are into this music are they?

• Oh no. Especially where I'm from. 😐 you have a great night too. 😊

• Yes, you can. Scientifically proven fact.

What pearl jam are you listening to?

• Breath 🌚🆒

• I know I just feel old cause you keep calling Nirvana and Pearl Jam "Classic rock" but they were both still releasing new music while I was in high school.

(I'm using the Foo Fighters as Nirvana's replacement in this since it's the closest possible thing)

• 😂😂 ok. I love them.

What Girls Said 8

• Humans can get addicted to anything.

• Music is my soul
    Music is my inspiration
    Music is my drug
    Music is my addiction
    Music is my life :)

• Definitely. I'm a music addict.

• I must need to see someone about my music addiction then :) I listen to it everyday all day. music is Awesome!!! I think I live and breathe music.

• Dude same, it's just so pleasin to the ears.

• im in Australia :)

• Oh ok nice.

• You can be addicted to anything (literally)

• I am not really an addict I read instead of listening music.

• You can be addicted to anything

• If you can then i am a full blown addict too...

• It's ok, you like classic rock too?

• I grew up with them. One of the best thing my parents did for me was introduce me to great music :)

• That's great, I'm thankful my parents did that for me too.