Do you have a job as a full time writer and do you like it better than a regular 9-5 job?

I want to start a writing career so badly! The only problem is I work 8hrs a day 6 days a week and I have little time to write. Sure I bring in decent paychecks and all at my current job, but I feel I would do a lot better as a freelance writer. I feel it would be much easier on me and I would still be able to bring in a decent paycheck too! My question is, are there any writers on here that have actually quit their day job and are now a full if not part time writer? And if you are is it easier on you? Is it your dream job? Is it an ok job? Please share your experience :) I really want to quit my job and move on when the summers over!

• I'm a writer, and I love it! I would never wok for any one else again!
  • I'm a writer and I hate it! I'm looking for another job!
  • I'm working a regular 9-5 job but I'm quitting my job and I'm moving on with my life as a writer!
  • I'm working a regular 9-5 job and wish I could become a writer but I feel I dont have the skills to do so.
  • I'm better off working at my 9-5 job.

Most Helpful Girl

• People need a fucking job that will pay the bills.

What Guys Said 3

• Here's a fun fact.
    Most NY Times Best Selling authors have full time day jobs.
    authoritypublishing.com/.../

• You would want to have a 9-5 job because if you ver do make it as a writer it ma take years and that is if you make it to the point of not having to work a 9-5 job. It could take months and months up to over a year to write one book so would quitting your job be worth it.

• I like reading and writing poetry but I don't think of doing that for my career...

What Girls Said 3

• I want to be a writer too but it's not going to pay your bills at first. I'm in school so I also don't have time to write that often but I love doing it. I think about the story when I'm on my way to school and I write in my free time and I enjoy it. So maybe start writing in your free time and see how it goes. I wouldn't quit my job that quickly because you still need to pay the bills and it's going to tale a while to get your first book published. Good luck!😊 xoxo

• I work as a freelance writer) but I have some problems with my typing speed (
    so I work too slowly... should train with http://www.ratatype.com/#typing-tutor

• What's your typing speed...
      Mine is approx 50 words /minutes... Is it slow

• The great thing about being a writer is that you can write anytime, anywhere. You can have a 9-6 job while supporting yourself as a starving writer until your career takes off