Would it bother you if your SO is from another country and makes some mistakes in english?

But you still understand him/her

Most Helpful Guy

• English is not my first language but it would not bother me if she makes mistakes in my native language, well actually it can be cute sometimes.

What Guys Said 14

• It depends on the mistake. If she accidentally says something that offends others it could bother me. Other times it could be cute or even funny. Most of the time however her mistakes would be a non issue.

• Nope. Why would I care. Harder are the cultural differences. Like Asian women who won't talk about problems and clam up and let them stew... forever. This really is a cultural thing. (I mean real Asians, not the Asians that grew up in the US and Europe)

• His efforts likely show so much more than those of English-speaking natives.

• For me personally no, but I'm bi-lingual and I'm studying a 3rd language so I'm used to dealing with a language barrier.

• haha i consider her as a smart girl , for speaking more languages
    and for you , he will learn to speak better and improve the accent :)

• No, at least she's making the effort.

• No because it's logic
    but she should be willing to learn and improve her English

• No, why would that even be an issue?

• Naw, that's cute. I'm not a native English speaker so it wouldn't bother me.

• Personally it's cute.

• Abosolutely not :)

• You can only be bothered if you can speak his fluently.

• I wouldn't care about that

• Why does that matter

What Girls Said 12

• Not a problem at all. My husband is Serbian, speaks English really well but he still makes mistakes sometimes. I just correct him and we move on from it, lol.

• It wouldn't bother me. I speak 4 languages and I still make mistakes in one of them. I have problems in expressing myself but people can get the message :p
    They sometimes correct me and I reaally don't mind - I actually want them to.

• why would it bother me? it is just a language..

• I swear everytime I come across you and see the pic (without entering ur profile) I remember kylie jenner I before the surgeries n all xP

• i dont know her.. but i think i should take this as a compliment.. should i?

• Yes. I correct his mistakes.

• narh, just means that you get the privilege to help teach them, could turn out to be fun haha :)

• why would that bother me? at least he's trying

• nope i would make mistakes in their language probably so yeah...

• Omg why should it bother me? I once decided to be with him, I knew he was from a different country.. I also know if I tried to speak his language I'd make mistakes too.. Jesus, what kind of a question is this..

• Dude, calm down. Lol are you on your period?

• No, it doesn't bothers me.

• Maybe at first.

• I'd like it more if they made mistakes in Turkish. It's so cute

• Why wouldn't it be? We all have our own language and we don't all are at the same level of English . I've seen even some of the Anglophones making mistakes in English . We all make mistakes in any language we speak. The only difference is that the native speakers make less mistakes than the non native speakers. (generally speaking until the non native speakers get become fluent) So it should be fine.

• Haha isn't it funny that you made a mistake here? I think you meant "why would it be?" :p

• @ YazanAA Yeah XD