Porsche wins Le Mans!!! So is motorsport important to you when you buy a car?

So Porsche finally won Le Mans after building SUVs for too many years... does it matter to you when a car manufaturer does well in motorsport? Will it make you more likely to buy their cars? Does motorsport make a car better?

Most Helpful Guy

• Motorsport can definitely make a car better. The double-clutch transmission was developed for Formula 1 racing but is now common in high-end sports cars. However, I do not choose cars because a manufacturer's team won some race. I choose a car for performance and value. I can't afford a new Porsche, but an early-to-mid 2000's model will give me almost all the fun for less than half the price.

• There has been many innovations that where developed because of racing. Racing makes better, safer, more reliable and efficient cars. Plus racing trains engineers. If you look at history manufacturers who race typically have better more desirable cars. Not all are high end cars either. For example Honda. So I disagree. Racing does make better cars and the manufacturers who race do deserve our attention and maybe money. Oh and I mean "real" racing not just badging a car like Infinity does or manufacturers who compete in NASCAR.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• No, I'm not a racing driver, so that doesn't really play a factor.
    I'd look for a car with good millage, and good miles per the gallon. That way I can get around cheaper.

• No, motorsports is something to watch on a lazy afternoon after 1 too many beers... There's no way it would at all factor into my purchasing decisions.

• Yes! I am so concerned about the car I drive going 3x the speed limit!