How to be confident and love yourself?

I know this is a dumb question, but how do I become more confident?
I have really low self-esteem and confidence problems, mostly about my looks. I don't know how to accept myself for who am I, because I'm too poor to afford cosmetic surgeries and I can't really can't change genetics either.

My boyfriend keeps saying, that I'm beautiful the way I am and that he loves me, but I don't love myself, I hate looking at myself in the mirror. :( I still don't understand what he sees in me.

How can I become more confident?

Most Helpful Guy

• Groom yourself. This seems like such an obvious one, but it's amazing how much of a difference a shower and a shave can make in your feelings of self-confidence and for your self-image. ...
    Dress nicely. ...
    Photoshop your self-image. ...
    Think positive. ...
    Kill negative thoughts. ...
    Get to know yourself. ...
    Act positive.

What Guys Said 3

• "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment." - Isador Akios

• I don't know, I have all theses issues without a girlfriend to give my a prop up. And people wonder why I hate this world...

• "I know this is a dumb question, but how do I become more confident?"

You don't.

What Girls Said 2

• List one thing positive about yourself. Do it everyday. It has to start with appreciation. Don't tell me you can't find anything nice about you, you could girl. Explore.. Get to know yourself. Next top, list the negatives. Once done, decide whether which one you'd like to work on more. Is it on becoming better if not best on where you're good at or is it on improving where you're inferior?

• learn to be more positive and dress yourself better