How is the taste of Tofu, is it like cheese?

G@Gers, have u ever tasted tofu? Did you like it? Is it like cheese?

Most Helpful Girl

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• It's tasteless and it feels like a sponge when water is absorbed to it. I like it. And no it doesn't taste like cheese at all.

• I don't like plain tofu, because it needs A LOT of seasoning to taste alright. On its own, it tastes like nothing..
    You should try smoked tofu though, it is delicious. :D

• And no, it doesn't taste like cheese! Tofu will soak up the flavors you cook it with.

• Jiggly and tasteless but with a hint of soy in the background

It comes in four textures - extra firm, firm, medium, and soft. The first three are usually used in main courses and the last one for desserts.

• No. It's pretty bland on its own. It tastes like a mix between yeast and flour. You need to season it and cook it for it to taste good. Or just put cubes of it in miso soup.

What Guys Said 5

• It taste like nothing. It taste how you season it. Its got the consistancy of I don't know tofu.

• I like super firm tofu it has a thicker and more solid consistency.

• It takes on the taste of the sauce you cook it in. If cooked right it can be tasty. If not, it can be pretty gross.

• It's tasteless so you need it with some good sauce. It isn't good on its own but in a meal with other Asian food its good to eat on the side.

• It doesn't have much flavor so it takes on the flavors of whatever you cook it with. Tofu can be really good and there are so many ways to cook it.

• LOL... why don't you just taste it yourself? xD