Why do people who claim to love 'Game of Thrones' not care to read the books?

Maybe you can spend a little less time doing all the other dumb things you spend time on, and actually read them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I love game of thrones, but every time i pick up the book i lose interest quickly because i already know what is going to happen. I think what makes the story so good is the not knowing, so the tv show kinda already steals that thunder. So then I tend to grab another book, which I dont already know whats going to happen, and read that.

Shameless show of support for my favorite book of all time right now:
    Red Rising by Pierce Brown

"My people sing, we dance, we love. That is our strength. But we also dig. And then we die. Seldom do we get to choose why. That choice is power. That choice has been our only weapon. But it is not enough."

What Girls Said 1

• For some people, the shows/movies are better than the books or they prefer not to read.

I'm one of those people who will see or play something and then find books on it. I was a Gears of War fanatic for awhile.

What Guys Said 3

• Because who the hell has time to read all those books. I have a job and im always hanging out with friends. I might read them when im really old but for right now, i just wanna save time, hope that last part made sense to you.

• Cuz George rr writing style is tedious to follow. I tried reading it and just gave me a headache. Even the audio books flow like that. The tv show is much better. Personally I found Machiavelli easier to follow. Also If I'm going to devote that much time to reading I need to be learning something. Tv is for entertainment

• i'm gonna get round to it but jeez, get off your high horse