I got exposed how to deal with this?

I made the most dumbest decision of my life to send nudes to someone I trusted. We got to an argument and then he send my nudes to his friends in which they all made fun of me. I wanted to report it to the police but my mom says to leave it alone because she doesn't want courts to affect her job performance her and my step dad are going through a tough time financially. My step dad is a school bus driver and since school is ending he's going to be off work. So its not that she's a bad mother because she's the best. How do I deal with it at least emotionally and mentally?

Most Helpful Guy

• The first thing of which to be aware is that, because of your age, a complaint to the police about the actions of the boy and his friends may result in you being charged with producing and distributing child pornography. That you took intimate photographs of yourself does not negate the fact that you took and distributed photographs of someone who was under age.
    What to do about it? You know by now that it was a monumentally stupid thing to do. A lot of girls make the same mistake. Learn from this experience and do not do it again. If anyone says anything, say that it was a stupid thing to do, that you regret it and you will not do it again. That should give the idiot critics nowhere to go.
    The upside of this experience is that the boy and his friends have shown themselves to be scum. He has saved you some time, in that they have crossed themselves off your list of propective partners. Tell all the other girls what happened. That should make the girls avoid them.

What Guys Said 4

• Given the obviously poor decision of your mother, there isn't actually much that you can do with this. Once something has been shared it's actually quite difficult to get rid of it. I suppose this means this would be a good time to reevaluate your friendships and decide if these are people that you want in your life.

Emotionally, well that part will take some time to deal with this because your trust was broken and in a way that shouldn't ever honestly happen. I hope things work out for you and that your mother changes her mind about this.

All the best.

• You knew that when you send pic that everyone would see them. You cannot be that slow. Almost all guys share and show pic when they are done with the girl. You should know that, it is published everywhere. There are websites where guys can get paid for photos and movies. Just get over it. No crime was committed when you sent it.

• No I've send it to one of my ex and he never did something like that. Girls don't do that shit. And I'm seventeen I'm a minor so yes there was a crime committed.

• Being a minor does not work. If you sent the photo over the net, you violated the law. When you go to court or have any legal matter before any court you must first have "clean hands". You do not.

Think about it, you have every little girl out there showing their beaver for a nickel and a ho ho then regreating it and complaining to the police. This number of girls would be in the millions and the police do not have time for girls who are dishing things out for free.

• Meh I would call the police still... your reputation is on the line too..

• Just ignore it and let it go since there's nothing you can do.

What Girls Said 3

• You block that retard and ignore him for the rest of your life. I couldn't ever deal with someone embarrassing me like that.

And NEXT time you get a pic from the guy first so you can release his dick pics for collateral.

• I already blocked him but now I'm having trust issues with everyone it really fucked me up. I want to press charges so badly but I'm seventeen wouldn't I need to have an adult with me?

• How old is he? If he's older, you can get him on child pornography charges which would fuck up his life. You can still report it to the police though.

I would talk to my closest friends and support group so they can help you heal. Karma is a bitch and it will bite him in the ass.

• Tell this person you trust that if they continue to send nudes, you will get the police involved.

• I already did he says he doesn't care because he believes the law will be on his side since I sent them to him and he didn't pressure me for them.

• I have all the evidence I need but he wants to charge me with cyberbullying and threats in return for previous issues.

• He's LYING!!! he will go to jail. Go report him to the police.

• Make him feel guilty. It was his fault that started this emotional and mental event that is going on right now. Make him feel like total shit only because of what he did to you. Don't do this on a regular bias.

• He doesn't feel bad he did it to teach me a lesson because I've made poor decisions in my life that I greatly regret and that walks with me everywhere I go.

• Don't think like that honey! You are going to do things that you will regret in your lifetime always! Everyone goes through, but its what they do that make it easier for them to go on in life and not be held back by the past.