Will you be charged in this case?

If a car starts by itself, and kills a person will u be charged if u r da owner of this car?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah lol cause no one would believe that the car just started its self lol.

• but check here...

Wreck ignition for 'ghost car' that started on its own
      November 7, 2005

Kempten, Germany: A "ghost car" that started itself up without a driver, travelled in a curve and rammed a wall left residents of a city in Germany's Alpine foothills scratching their heads in puzzlement yesterday.

Police said they were called to register the freak collision on Saturday.

A woman witness described how the engine of the parked car suddenly sprang into life and it moved off driverless in a semicircle before hitting the wall and stalling.

Police established that the car was locked and there was no key in the ignition. A gear was engaged.

The owner-driver could not be contacted, so the car was lifted back into its original parking spot by a tow-crane. The damage to the car and wall were minor.

"We are fairly convinced it did start itself," said a police spokesman.

• is this movie bout a car startin by itself?

• Lol thanks for mh and yes its written by Stven king
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085333/

What Girls Said 11

• I think you could be. I don't know how the car would start by itself but since it belonged to you, you could be charged. I don't think they'd charge you with murder though - probably criminal negligence. I think it would be tough to prove that it wasn't you though.

• Probably not.
    It's just a freak accident.

• yes,, i think so.. but to b proven guilty a lot of evidence is needed.. and that would not b possible..

• oh shit... u r done then :|

• nah... i m just going to hire a very good lawyer.. and sell that damn car.. :P

• yes. If someone else was driving no. Depends on your state. Where I am from you would not, be but here in NYC, you would be.

• No. But that sounds like Steven King's Caroline or whatever that car was called.

• No. But the manufacturer could be sued.

• I don't think so but the persons family might sue you in civil court.

• Maybe, I'm not sure.

• Hmm.. Amazing plot for a new story... Ha-ha.. Nice very nice.
    Lovely..

• YOu have to prove the case further to not to prove guilty!

• It starts by itself how?

• Wreck ignition for 'ghost car' that started on its own
      November 7, 2005

What Guys Said 5

• Well, If it just randomly started on its own and killed someone, It would be the car Manufacturers fault for faulty engineering, But, If you tampered with the car in anyway which caused it, Then it would be your fault ;P

• Some force had to start the car and depending upon the circumstances depends upon if it is a crime or not.

• I think so, in these cases the owner is held responsible.

• Christine was a terrible book. I think it was called Christine.

• A car won't start itself... It may be a ghost... That ghost will be charged... Hehe...

• There was a phantom car started by itself in Fermany a decade ago... even police admitted it was a phantom car LOL

• Germany

mistyped

• Oh... I was wondering where is this place...