How do I spend safe?

So I have come into a bit of money. I am working on getting a job. But I am NOT a safe spender! I spend almost all the money I get! I already wasted $30 today of my special money! Lucky thats not most of my funds but I don't want to waste all my money. How do I save and spend safe?

Most Helpful Guy

• easy put it in the bank. then have some small amout of spending money in your wallet or purse.

leave all your cards at home so if you go any where all the money you have on you, is all you have. being a safe spender isn't that hard. its just the self control thats hard.

• I have my money in the banks!

But I need my cards.

• banks launch these no fee or low fee accounts to encourange customers to to use their debit cards more on electronic transactions and let the user take out 4 cash withdrawls a month and charges you more for addtional cash withdrawls.

i know this sounds lame but have you seen your bank statement and seen where the money goes?

• Ooh thank you

What Guys Said 5

• Open a time deposit account that has a monthly commitment that takes away a chunk of your money so you wouldn't be able to spend it and it's also a safe investment.
    Or if you're feeling adventurous , open a mutual fund account , same procedure but instead of receiving interest from the bank , you receive profit from the investment portfolios.
    Or if you're feeling even MORE adventurous , play some junk bonds lol

I ain't no economists , ask @tokana , he's an economist , he should be able to give you some nice advice about spending wisely.

• Did it.

Eh Tokana and I don't really get along but I can I guess.

• Eh , even jesus got his face spat on twice , you ain't suppose to get along with everyone , you're suppose to learn what you can from everyone that's the way I see it.

• Thats true. Aight I hope Tokana can help me.

• Set up an automatic debit to put money in your savings (that you can't get at without paying a fee) from your normal savings account.

Pay for EVERYTHING in cash, and only take out a limited amount (like less than $100) at a time. That you are having to go to an ATM all the time and also count out and hand over money all the time to buy stuff should reinforce how much you're spending.

• Just put away half of it. Every time you get money allocate a certain portion for spending n da rest for savings.

• But then I always think its an "emergency" so I take it out.

• Ya. Make a list n objectively buy things so ya don't get distracted.

• Okay. Thanks

• This question has little to do with economics and is more within the range of personal finance.

• I see. So you can't help me?

• Try having your bank account automatically put money in to your savings account from your chequing account every month.

• Okay. Thanks.

• So just invest it in an account you can't get into for X years. Banks do that all the time.

• I did it already!!

• But you have a separate bank account. Look, do what you gotta do. I am not going to work on naming solutions to route your lack of self-control all day.

• Jeez.

What Girls Said 2

• $30 isn't a lot to spend in one day, but you do that everyday, it will accumulate. Put it into a bank account with a card. This way you won't have cash and be tempted to spend it.

• I used my bank account card to pay for it.

• you should limit the amount of money you carry, bc the less you have the less you spend

• I have my bank account card.