Got any tips on how to move out at 18 and able to afford it?

I want to be able to move out at 18 for my own personal reasons but can someone who has done it before give me any tips I should know about? By the way I live in Canada Ontario.

Most Helpful Girl

• Assuming you have a job now, your going to have to come up with down payment for rent. So my suggestion is to save at least 1,500$ before you move out. You need to learn to budget! THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. Add up bills, grocery, phone, stuff your gunna need, tampons, maybe clothes. etc . before you move out I'd try and pay attention to how much Money your guardian spends on you food wise and look at prices for dishes and stuff you will need. (Personally Id go to thrift shops and get the cheep stuff, furniture, dishes etc .) good luck I hope it works out. Most of the time your gunna need more on minimum wage. If you want you can message me and I can help you with the budget stuff. Not trying to sound creepy 😂 I've taken a lot of attention and I love budgeting. I'm really good at it. But good luck also, if you have a car you need to plan for gas and if you dont plan on how you get to and from work obviously, but include bus fees etc .

• Don't worry But thanks for the offer I might take that offer up because I'm kinda suck at budgeting but I love it too.

• Yeah, I'm always budgeting things I don't need to.-. I think its my obsession. Lmao good luck.

• Lol thanks and I message you about it when I want to move one more year to go.

What Guys Said 3

• Get a full time job and live in a shitty apartment. Then get stuck in that situation for the rest of your life.

• Uh okay kinda rude to say that but whatever.

• Then why do you have to worry about moving out, it's gotta automatically happen when you go to college, right?

• I'm not living in the dorms that's too expensive.

• There are not tips. Get a job and live within your means.

• Get a job, save money, start thrift surfing for basic furniture

• Find a reliable room mate

• Oh okay well I was just planning to get a basement apartment.

• Good luck, just be careful 😊

What Girls Said 3

• If you are going to move out - you should find a female roommate - or room with a lonely elderly couple / female who will mentor you and help you understand the dynamics of living on your own. Learn to budget and save and get a part time or full time job if possible or go to school full time and get a student loan.

• I see but how do I find a roommate? if most of the people I know are not planning to move out?

• Look at people who are renting out their properties - some of them will be looking for a roommate.

• Just have a stable job and be able to pay bills on your own. The rest comes with the package. I moves out when I was 16 but lived with a friend till I turned 18 and was able to get my own place.

• Oh so minimum wage job should be okay right? because I just want a basement apartment I'm not looking for a 3 bedroom condo or anything like that.

• Really depends on how much rent is and how much minimum wage is as well. Where I am, the cheapest apartment is $750 with everything included and minimum wage is $7.80 an hour. With minimum wage I was able to afford rent and enough food for one meal a day.. It sucked bad. Especially where I love food lol But you can do it.

• Make a budget! Know how much money you have and where its all going to go.