What's the first thing you think of when you hear history?

Most Helpful Guy

• The same thing I've always known history is important the past creates the foundation for the present and future. The past and history dictates what path our present and future lives will take, and those that forget the important lessons, tragedies and lore of the past are doomed to repeat it.

• That is true. But are there any specific situations from history that come to mind?

• @Remonster not really specific so to speak at the moment, just various ones I remember.

• Lol thank you for the MHO.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• That it'd be nice to know it but it's just so mindnumbingly boring over time that I just can't. It's easier to get friends who are interested in it and you can ask them about specific things, without having to know everything yourself. Although maybe we just learned too many dates at school instead of focusing on the events themselves. Maybe if I knew more of it, I'd appreciate it better... not a fan, though. Too long, too much data.

• I actually loved history - History and English were my favourite subjects in school

• Awesome :), what's your favourite era?

• When I was in school the modern era was 1890 to 1970, that was my favourite.

• 0|0
  • I think of how inferior it is to science and the throw up at it.

History haters unite @succcesssfulll

• Studying to be an electronics engineer myself, I would still say history is essential simply to learn from the mistakes of mankind in the past.

• @Remonster yea the history is there but I just don't need to know about it. Just like there's science behind every household appliance we use but most of us don't care to learn about it. There's history behind every house-hold appliance too but I don't care to learn it. I find the subject boring, I'd only study Chinese history and even that can get boring

• @hypno-trip I feel ya. To be honest the more I think about it, the sillier my statement sounds. I didn't gave it enough thought.

• WW1 & WW2 .

• I think I think of WWII more then WWI

• Me too actually.

• @Ramonster yeah, that's true

• Ancient Greece

• The Roman Empire and how Julius Ceasar conquered vast lands and almost became emperor but his friend among others killed him.

• Huge battles on open fields. Horrific, yet epic.

• Cool 😊

• @hypno-trip that's true, they didn't treat the Māori very well either.

• Even though I grew up in America I plan to move to China later in life either in Shanghai 上海 or hangzhou 杭州 as a way of returning to my roots I guess. I never felt any connection to western history and never will... but I'd like to visit Europe someday too..

• tell her no post mortems. dont care about the douche bag she lives up/downstairs from

• HISTORY. you said first thing that comes to mind. its usually personal history and dealing with other peoples bullshit

• Internet browser history. I always hear jokes that aren't funny about "history "

• Epic battles and stories.

What Girls Said 8