What was your first job?

First job in a store.
Not like babysitting or dog walking type stuff.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cashier at American Eagle... and I spent basically all but $800 of my money on clothes for myself and my boyfriend. At least I got a great employee discount! and we will look good in university!
    ... like basically his entire wardrobe I bought for him, so whenever his mom thinks his outfit looks nice she compliments ME on it! lol
    There were tons of rude customers and you had to get a certain number of rewards card signups or you got in trouble which was a pain!!!
    Working in the back room in stock was fun though and I would do it again if it paid more than minimum wage, because there are no asshole customers and it's just you, your music, and cute clothes you just have to unpack, fold, security tag, and organize. Overall as a first job it was pretty good! but every time I go shopping there they tell me to come back... so at least if I do need a job on short notice for summer or something they can just put me back on the payroll! The other employees were super nice, the discount is usually 40-60%, companies brought free food sometimes or movie tickets, super good coupons for other stores in the mall, and American Eagle sends piles of treats for boxing day since it's stressful! Pro tip though: NEVER work at one of your favourite clothing stores if you want to save money!!!

What Guys Said 7

• Repairing, cleaning and loading and unloading dishwashers, microwaves, fridges, freezers, ovens and air conditioners. I did that from around age 10 up until age 18-19 that was my first job, hot/cold, sweaty, dirty, filthy, grody and hard work but gave me worthwhile skills and it was a nice experience, good honest work.

• I worked on the floor in a supermarket

• Working in a construction site at age 12. Laying in concrete basement floors, tacking in plywood floors and carrying a lot of 2x4s.

• Sales associate. I'm shy except when it comes to tech.

• Delivering pizzas

• In a supermarket

• Industrial painter helper for Austin Ind.

What Girls Said 3

• accessory store. it was alright.

• Working at one of the dining facilities at my college.

• My first job was in a newsagency when 15.