Why do people like Taylor Swift so much?

I'm not talking about her boring, generic pop music. People idolize her as this super human, why?

Most Helpful Guy

• the whole empowering woman fad is going on atm

What Girls Said 9

• i have no freaking clue. who she is now isn't even who she was originally. she's lost her mind and trying to fit in with all other artists when the reason she was once special was because she stood out.

• i don't get it too... they like her for her style maybe?
    rs2img.memecdn.com/...ag-taylor-swift_o_795780.jpg

• I don't know. I don't follow popular famous people because I'm not really into their music. But I think she has Some songs that sound good. And her face is really unique compared to other celebrity faces in my opinion. And I Think she's a nice celebrity and people like that

• i dont like her.. nor hate her..

• It's because people have seen how much she has gone through with all the breakups and they feel bad for her and see her as a strong individual so they look up to her.

• I'm not a fan of her or her music. o3o

• she's okay i dont hate it but not a fan. she's just there

• I never really liked her either. Her managers are over-promoting her.

• She acts how we all think we would act if we were famous.
    She gives money to random people so they can go to school, she gives to charity, she talks to people on social media (you should see her tumblr) she's never been in any real scandals and she writes her own music about her own experiences and they're always catchy songs, and when people started making fun of her for it she turned that around and wrote songs defending herself and calling herself out too.
    I don't see why anyone would hate her?

What Guys Said 10

• Yeah, I don't understand Taylor Swift's appeal either. 'Comes across as very typical...

Now Charli XCX? She's cool... My favorite female pop artist right now. I love her "punk-inspired" energy and attitude, and it's different to see in the whole "glittery/girly/female-pop" kind of aesthetic, if you know what I mean... 'Talented too.

Hope she continues to thrive in the mainstream...

• Probably because she's a cute white girl in music. It helps that she doesn't act like Miley, but I doubt her reputation as seemingly a saint is really earned

• She was good when she still sang country

• She is good at what she does

• She is just nice to her fans.

• They relate to her songs about not being the cool kid or breaking up with some person or talking about how they are better than their ex. Ironically petty, I know...

• The media hyped her a lot so that's why she is more popular.

• She is a good entertainer, smart and pretty.

• its called charisma. Some people just have it, she is one of them.

• Why do people like half of those pop stars so much?