What do you think of women (for guys) and men (for girls) who speak their mind even when you want them to shut up?

I know it can get annoying to have women telling you how they feel about this subject or that subject, but how do you really feel about women who say whatever the hell they feel about topics that they consider serious to them? Do you more so respect their opinions or, truthfully, want them to respect yours enough to not throw their opinions in your face. And since i can't speak for men, I'll be the first to prompt the converstaion by truthfully saying i love when men speak their minds, but I much rather prefer to put two smart minds together than have them beefing about topics. I like when men want to work with me rather than put me down. What do you all think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't stand it! I don't mind a woman having opinions, but I will ask you for them.

• What is it about opinionated women that puts you off? Do you feel that they're trying to contradict you or override your own opinions, or do you not like being opposed? Would you ever be willing to work with a woman or simply have her follow your opinions loyally?

• She was/is selfless in that way and countless others, all the sake of my father, and we kids, etc. It is because of her discretion in every situation, that we all made it the way we did. Just the example that comes to mind.

• Thanks for MHO!

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on the way it's carried out. If the girl comes at me sideways, ill respond in turn, but if she's reasonable about it I see no problem.

• "i love when men speak their minds, but I much rather prefer to put two smart minds together"
    This is basically how I feel about it with women as well. I like discussing things, mostly. Not just giving my opinion but having some banter, maybe enriching my own opinion with theirs and the other way around. Simply throwing your opinion in someone's face like a damp towel generally gets you nowhere.

• I like when girls speak their mind as long as they're not insulting

What Girls Said 2

• Annoying as fuck because they turn everything into a debate and argument. I only want to hear about what you think if I ask. I don't need an unnecessary two cents thrown in. Also I don't want to get into unnecessary fights.

• I have to agree that sharing opinions can lead to very harsh debates. I got into one with another girl just the other day. Usually its "know it alls" who are presumed as being unnecesarily opinionated. From what I've gathered, people like to feel respected. However, is their anyone who is entitled to give their opinions whether their asked for or not? What if the person is trying to advocate a specific issue, even if they have to debate to prove their point? How should we go about improving communication so that expressing opinions doesn't become berating one another for our differences?

• Nobody is allowed to give their opinion if not asked for. If you were deciding a personal issue would you want somebody coming in with their opinions without being asked? To improve communication you must be open to listening to other peoples opinions without insulting or antagonizing them also to accept to disagree if you guys do not agree. Try and listen to where people are coming from then just your point of view. Also this is a big thing try not to interrupt the person when they speak because at that point your not listening to what they are saying.

• I'm fine with people giving their opinions but don't act like your opinion is right when it is not or just to be a douche about it. Like I get it you don't like fifty shades of grey but shut the hell up if I do you know? its gets old real fast.