Is it rude to touch a black female's hair?

I love the texture and how it looks when it's natural. That's one of the things I love about them is their hair and features are so unique. But, is it rude to walk up and ask a black female if I could feel her hair? It might be weird considering i'm a guy but whatever. Haha

Most Helpful Girl

• no its not weird at all in fact I usually take it as a compliment, but it is important to acknowledge that just like anyone we value our personal space. Some stranger coming up and touching a woman is weird no matter what the woman's hair texture is. So just remember to ask first, and if it feels awkward asking maybe you should get to know her better until you feel comfortable asking. Usually if you have to ask yourself if doing something is a good idea it probably isn't. Please dont ooo and ahh like we're circus animals, I do really hate that. We're just different, possibly exotic depending on where you're from, but we bleed red to people and we also have feelings... sorry im rambling

What Girls Said 7

• You can't approach a stranger and ask to touch their hair. Though if you know the person you cab ask.
    I'm mixed race with afro hair and it pisses me off when someone touches it.
    gifstumblr.com/.../...-beat-you-senseless_1028.gif

• That's weird af. You shouldn't be randomly touching anyone's hair and even asking "hey can I touch your hair?" Is just off putting. Get a girlfriend then stroke and play with her hair

• Ummm her race has nothing to do with. Just ask before touching anyone's hair.

If they don't know you and you came out of no where, yeah it could be pretty weird. And that goes for any one.

• Yeah, I know but i've heard about black women getting really upset when random people would just touch their hair without asking.

• Yeah its a normal reaction

• Of your a stranger please don't. It's very creepy and invasive.
    If it's your friends it's still kind of weird but just always be sure to ask before doing it

• At least ask please. If you just spontaneously touch it, I become uncomfortable and move my head away

• some times it depends we don't really like people touching our hair sometimes And also if u let people play in it too much our hair is bound to fall out or start shedding but most times just ask before touching

• at least you're asking nicely

What Guys Said 6

• Hey, at least you'd ask. Some people just randomly walk up to others and touch their hair, which IS in fact rude.

• Pretty sure it's rude to touch anyone's hair without their consent.

• i'm pretty sure it is. Did it once, wasn't ready for the consequences

• Uhm... well you could ask her:
    "Hey i like your hair, it looks so soft.. uhm.. mind if i touch it a bit?"

1. you get slapped
    2. you are allowed to

50/50

• If you are not invited to touch her hair, such a touch would qualify as assault.

• yes. unless you want to end in a morgue.