Do you think I have a carrer as a tattoo artist?

This is some of my art

• Will be good
  • Have no chance

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe with some more practice or training. Your style (as you've shown with these samples anyway) is a bit quaint.

• I strive to have a different style because we all have different outlooks on life so I feel my art is a reflection of my personality. Thanks for the feedback

• Thanks your giving me your honest incite to help me grow as an artist. Most people just say "looks good" which doesn't really help me

• No problem! I think constructive criticism is the only way to get better.

What Girls Said 7

• Inking is done badly and some details need refinement.
    To be really good at tattoo, I'm guessing you have to be top notch drawing on paper first.
    But that's nothing practice can't solve. There are also forums out there, tutorials and great atlases you can steal of the internet. People take attention to detail and competition quality-wise to a whole new level.

I'd recommend you practice this and learn how to do tattoo art, but get another skill on the side. A skill you can use like being an electrician, or a mechanic, something with computers, maybe you can take up painting art on walls of houses, clubs, offices (many people pay good money for this). But put half your time into drawing and half of it into sustaining yourself outside of that.

And for the love of god, don't go to art school!
    Whatever they have to offer you can get yourself by buying supplies and books for 1/10th of that money.

• I think your art is good.
    It's possible!
    Have you tried to pursue that career as yet? Or is it solely just a thought/dream now.

• yes I have. I currently have an apprentacship but im only a few months in and all I do right now is pretty much clean the shop and work the autoclave

• yeah i think your work is pretty decent. more practice is always a good thing, and that will come over the years. you also need to learn how to use a tattoo machine. that's half the work lol. but your art is pretty good!
    good luck with the apprenticeship!

• Will do, you're quite good.

• Definitely dude! Go for it!

• Yes those are amazing

• Sweeeeeet
    awesome skill!

What Guys Said 7

• Drawing is just one part of it. I think you are good but need to be better nd then you need to know how to properly use a tatoo gun to get shading right etc. work with a good tatoo artist and learn the rest but it will take years but you are on your way.

• They look very good

• The art is well done, my question is how about the technical skills? Have you used a machine yet? Thats another big part.

• Wow that's really impressive work. Very nice!

• Yeah. You'd be very good

• I hope so because you def don't have a 'carrer' in anything that requires spelling correctly... Wait!!!

• impressive work