Girls, would you still remain friends with a guy under these circumstances?

We were seeing each other for a few months, we never got to the stage of actually being together. In the end there were a lot of differences keeping us a part, mostly the fact that he wanted something more casual while I eventually wanted to become serious. I decided to cut all ties with him and delete him off social media, to help get over him. But now he thinks I hate him and still hopes that we can at least be friends.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• If you still have feelings for him, friendship probably won't work out very well, because you'll always be hoping for something more than he is willing to give you. If you are completely over him and there is no romance there, then it's possible, but only if you really want it.

What Girls Said 12

• I wouldn't just because there's no benefit to me. If he can't offer me what I ultimately want then I'm just wasting my time cause feelings don't just go away and I'm scared I'll get hurt when he meets someone else. Plus it will likely prevent me from moving on and getting someone else. There's just too many drawbacks for me.

• I wouldn't be friends with him until I'm over him, and even then I'd keep my distance in order to not fall for him again.

• I wouldn't stay friends. It was good that you removed him from your life, for your own sake.
    If you are friends with him, you will inevitably fall for him again and he will still only want to keep it casual.
    Anyway, you don't have to be friends with anyone you don't want to. That is when all the "i'm friend-zoned" drama begins.

• Just explain as a girl your feelings are involved and you need time apart to get over it and then maybe you can be friends. Stress the maybe. You definitely need to make sure you are over him first. If he can't understand then don't worry about it. His prob if you explained it.

• I was in the exact same position before, and felt like because he was a good guy I had to be his friend. But he will start seeing other girls and unless you are completely over him, it's going to hurt. You really are better off doing the no contact. Tell him you don't hate him, it's just easier for you this way because he wants something casual and you don't.

• I would probably stay friends while looking for a more serious man

• I agree because if he wants something you dont, move on, let him know that you don't hate him and would still like to be friends but look for someone who would wants a serious like you

• I'd stay friends, keep contact
      but as soon as he tries something romantic I'll tell him to back off

• I wouldn't just cut him off totally. I would still be friends with him. You friends before anyway. I don't understand why you still couldn't be friends.

• I'm in your shoes, because I did this to an ex. And I'm friends with him now, I did so slowly to let my wounds heal. But, to be honest, I'm a bit afraid of falling in love with him again.

• Nope, absolutely not.

• Aww man. I think that you should talk to him. You don't have to be his best friend, and you don't have to be his boyfriend, but you should talk to him. Let him know that you don't really hate him.

• Being friends won't hurt :)

• i would but try not to become to to close if u know what i mean