Every HUMAN ALIVE should watch this?

1) It's wasting time
2) Facebook should connect people together not "disconnect"
3) All this social medias are just one big illusion.

This guy tell story...
Then he explains how he feels about social media is basically separating us more then what it should have been doing. Bringing us together. Do you agree?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the world would be better off if social media sites were taken down

• for sure much much better, my father usually tells me you know son, you won't have such a life as we had.

We didn't have technology and a lot of money. But we knew how to enjoy in life. We were everyday outside with friends, fishing and doing things that kids nowadays don't even know how to. That was a FREEDOM.

I totally agree with him.

• my father is the same way

What Girls Said 5

• This is so stupid. Not many people are so. busy with social media. Like I have Whatsapp, but never have a long meaningful conversation on it. I use it to meet up with people and sometimes have a small talk but that's it.
    I also have Facebook. I use Facebook so I can see what my grandparents, nieces, uncles etc are doing and what's going on in their life. I only see them once a year because they life in Portugal.
    This guy acts like people are using social media alone in their room and never meet up with people. That's not true because people are not satisfied with only chatting on social media. They hang out too with friends and in their free time they see what's going on with the people they care about, but can't see that many times.

• don't agree at all.

• @Climber I guess so. I must say the distances in America are a lot bigger. I mean I can just bike 30 to 40 minutes to friends.

• I don't know what it's like in the Netherlands, I'm sure it's not too different from here in the states in terms of this topic... but people are becoming increasingly isolated from each other and more hooked in to their phones more than ever. I see it everywhere, even when I'm hanging out with friends they will eventually stop talking for short bouts and just stare into their phone for awhile on some sort of social media site/app. I think are social skills are slowly deteriorating in comparison to generations before us. Before, you would just be brave and talk to someone on the street and that was your friend at the moment. I'm not saying people don't interact with strangers, but it's definitely less common and you're more likely to get strange looks for trying.

• "People be the person they want to be, not who they are"... that sums it up. People don't want to interact with humans, they want to isolate themselves and control their reality.

• I agree with this to a point I have Facebook but I make a effort to see the people I care about

• Already watched those videos!

• I like this

What Guys Said 7

• The media is an echo house and people don't investigate the answers, overall context for themselves. Social Media already existed in the form of nerdy forum websites. The creators of Twitter and Facebook surely were some of those nerds, they just created a format that was palatable to the populace for creating a virtual ego. The challenge has been that companies, media outlets hold controversial expletives on the Internet against the speaker. They legitimize it, tell everyone, including young people that what you say on the Internet represents genuine human consciousness and real-world social skills. This is in the wake of teenagers who commit suicide because of online harassment. Professionals are exacerbating the illusion. And people believe or inflame what the media broadcasts: what divides us.

Until ideological, racial, and dogmatic boundaries are cast aside, humanity cannot unite, it's not just perception = reality. The purpose of life is progression and love. What stands in the way of our species having an equilibrium with the planet are companies who would be the losers if certain renewable resources were legitimized. Science already caught up with industrialization. To move along our technological aspirations while being sustainable should be humanity's goal. We're not there yet. And we have a certain window of time.

• I'll just copy and paste what I replied to someone else with

People are becoming increasingly isolated from each other and more hooked in to their phones more than ever. I see it everywhere, even when I'm hanging out with friends they will eventually stop talking for short bouts and just stare into their phone for awhile on some sort of social media site/app. I think are social skills are slowly deteriorating in comparison to generations before us. Before, you would just be brave and talk to someone on the street and that was your friend at the moment. I'm not saying people don't interact with strangers, but it's definitely less common and you're more likely to get strange looks for trying.

• 1|3
  • Social media is a symptom, not the cause. People use social media because it is something they feel they needed. The ability to share their experiences without being judged on the fly, I am guessing.

• watch the video it's not connecting people it's separating us.

• It's not true just look in street I usually watch people on street and their behavior. It's really shocking when you see that almost no one looks at each other, I saw people even on date they were at their phones for no reason.

• That's okay, I would trust people more on the street if we got rid of the ones who are prone to physical violence.

• I don't use Facebook, but I understand it is a by-product of technological advancement, and without such advancements humanity would be worse off.

• Wow, those are awesome :)

Really makes you think.

• Time well spent