Who wouldve won, nazi germany vs the soviet union. no help from any of there allies. Just the two of them battling it out?

Most Helpful Guy

• If Germany concentrated all their forces (by far the best in the world at time time imo) on Russia and didn't hastily attack in the winter, especially, I don't think Russia would have had much of a chance.

What Girls Said 2

• Russia and Germany were working together then for some reason Hitler randomly turned against them and they were not prepared for the winter. With better planning though Germany.

• Well, we know the answer to this... the soviets won.

What Guys Said 12

• Germany could've captured and held Moscow in the initial push. According to Heinz Guderian in his book "Panzer Leader" he was not only willing but also capable of taking the Russian capital. But he was ordered back because Hitler wanted ground troops to take the city. The war was so mishandled by the Nazis that they never could have won with regardless of the level of support by the Allied powers.

• If you're talking about c.1945, when WWI I ended, probably the Soviets. Their nuclear weapons program was going full tilt, while Nazi Germany had abandoned theirs by 1941 in order to focus on conventional warfare. The Soviet Union, while never tempted to take on the US, which had equal capacity, would have engaged in select nuclear strikes against the Nazis and taken control of the remaining infrastructure.

• The soviet union won it in 1941

• Depends where they're fighting.
    If they fought in the cold lands of Russia then the Nazis would be screwed

• Soviet Union would've beaten the Nazi.. But it would take much longer

• Russia. Look at what happened in Stalingrad.

• soviet union, the Germans made the mistake of fighting Russia in the winter

• I think the Soviet Union would have won.

• Where? We already know the nazis couldn't handle the Russian winter so where does the fight take place, somewhere neutral?

• Nazi Germany, better organized and less drunk.

• By the stories that I have heard, I think the whether would have defeated Germany, or at least limited their advance. I don't however think that the soviet union at the time was in a position to defend themselves.

• Germany they were fighting in two fronts and still kicked ass and they killed 20 million soviet soldiers