If Rachel Dolezal is getting heat for pretending to be white, why isn't Bruce Jenner being chastised?

Yeah, she deceived people to get a place in an organization, but Bruce is pretending to identify with something he's clearly not and making headlines and trying to get awards?

Most Helpful Guy

• You got me. I'm sympathetic to people with real gender identity issues, but I'm with you, I don't think Bruce is a legit case. I don't trust the Kardashians in the slightest. They're shameless fame and controversy whores. Everyone is taking him for his word, but I suspect he's full of shit.

What Girls Said 7

• The line needs to be drawn somewhere.
    The prefix "trans" is getting out of hand.
    If this continues...
    soon there'll be a new term like "transanimal" etc.,
    since there's pretty much "trans" everything nowadays.
    How can one hold on to a solid identity if all of these things are becoming accepted?
    We will lose who we are!

• How does someone else's confusion affect your own ability to identify yourself?

• That's not what I'm saying here.

What I am saying is... lets just say all of these "trans" prefixes became more common.
      Because we already see how common it is for someone to be transgender/sexual/.
      Now we have terms like "trans"racial.
      Imagine how much more people would come out of the wood works stating that they are.
      I'm saying a great deal of peoples identity would be would they THINK they are or WANT to be, and that isn't healthy.

• *what they THINK they are not WHO they are.
      I think there should be a line drawn somewhere.
      I can respect transgenders.
      But most certainly not transracials or someone with biid.

• Well one person was suffering with a diagnosed medical condition and is other is lying to the community and has the gall to police other people's race.

• I feel like black face is a provable thing but what bruce jenner is doing whether good or bad isn't really lying as far as anyone can prove.

• The fact that you even compared the two shows you shouldn't be writing articles like this. But hey, I guess a lot of ignorant people like to hide because their anonymous status and computer screens.

• Well, it's not an article and I don't see how claiming to be "transracial" is any different than claiming to be "transgender" since they both mentally define themselves as identifying with that particular demographic.

• Sorry. I have nothing aganst trans, or gays or anyone. I think Bruce is full of shit, and trying to stay relevant now that he is no longer a kardashian

• Men don't get breast augmentations and sex changes for publicity.

• Bruce is actually a trangender person. So yeah. And people r criticising her and not him cuz human beings r some hypocritical cunts

• because that's two different things... Bruce had struggled his whole life pretending being someone he wasn't he finally had the courage to change that and become a woman. It's different with Rachel because you can't change your race... no matter what she's a white women whether she likes it or not. She lied period. She knew she wasn't African American and she allowed people to believe she was... written articles stated her race and she never corrected them. If that's the case let me lighten my skin and use a perm to straighten my hair and I'll be white cause that's what I Identify myself as... everyone knows that's bullshit.

• Mutilating your genitals won't make you a woman either...

• @cjmtherfcker I don't know Bruce and never watched the Kardashian (don't know if I spelled that right) So I don't think he's faking it. Why have a sex change if it's all for pretend? No one knows but himself so I can't comment on that.

• I never said you couldn't identify with your Cuban heritage the difference is that you are actually Cuban. She's white claiming to be Black. She has no African roots and she can't relate being Black cause she isn't... I dont know when she changed her look to appear to be African American but the reality is she's white and will always be white. Just like how im black and will always be black

• because he's hiding the fact he wants to be a female
    Dolezal was protraying, lying, about her RACE! thats completly differant.
    She only did that so she can get support she's a fraud
    Bruce wanted to change his sex not his race. He probably never lied he just hide the fact or was behind closed doors.

What Guys Said 7

• Caitlyn didn't want to continue living her life as a lie, something I understand all too well. She has a serious problem that can significantly cause issues in life and make it uncomfortable as hell, and finally had the courage to say fuck it and go through with it and be true to herself.
    Rachel just lied and shit, not even similar to Caityln.

• I have had to explain this so many times on this website.
    Rachel was appropriating african-american culture, which is very offensive. Also, she had the cheek to rise to the ranks of Spokane of NAACP.
    Caitlyn was experiencing genuine body dymorphia

• Because racial issues are sacred to liberals.

• Probably because she's not a minority.

• Oooh! You're brave but, a valid point!!! My hat is off to you sir!

• don't know what medical textbooks you've read.

• lol Crackpot