What's your favorite North American country?

• Greenland
  • Canada
  • USA

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• Greenland is not a nation. It's a territory of Denmark. Sure it's a land-mass that is only physiographically part of North America, but is politically part of Europe . I've read all your rebuttals of why you didn't include Mexico and you are incorrect. Mexico is very much in North America and the Central American nations and most of the islands in the Caribbeans are also part of North America. Wikipedia is used to show you this in others' opinions, but I'll also include WorldAtlas. com so that you can read a little history of the 23 nations that are part of North America. I know the poll only includes six answers or so, but you could have most definitely included Mexico. :)

Some light reading from WorldAtlas. com about North America, complete with a map and list of countries:
    http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/na.htm

• Yeah great maps dude nowhere does it say north america though anywhere. Her are some facts.

North america and south america are continents.

Latin America is not a continent but a description of north and south American countries where the "romantic" languages are spoken ie Spanish and portugese.

Central America is a region below mexico above the equator and being above the equator is part of north america.

If this is still not clear and you are reading from a text book from 1930 please talk to a geography teacher. Unless your geography teacher is Sarah Pailin.

• No worries lol

• @Ozanne - Greenland is physiographically a part of the continent of North America - Besides, Greenland has autonomy, and they compete on the Olympics separately from Denmark, but as I said - I don't care about political or cultural relations with Europe , the question is geographical. geography is science, politics is not.

@Jaydog666 - I already showed you the map, I'll show it to you again - this is North America: www.sel.barc.usda.gov/scalenet/images/canada.gif Central America is a part of Latin America, it starts from Mexican border with USA, and ends with Panama canal... that's the end of the story, keep your philosophy for your self ;)

• USA for me of course! No love for Mexico huh? I love our neighbors to the north and south as wellas my own country! :)

• Mexico is more like Central America ;)

• No Mexico is in North America. Central America starts with Guatemala and goes down to Panama.

• No, Mexico is Latin America, only Anglo-America is North America

• 1|0
  • USA, very closely followed by Canada.

• Um what about Mexico dude?

• Mexico is in Central America.

• @asker central america countries are official apart of the continent of North America.

• No, they are a part of Latin America, only Anglo-America is North America

What Guys Said 14

• USA :-)
    Mmh... never thought greenland was North American. But you forgot about good ol' Mexico.

• It is but its Danish Sovereignty.

• Haha, dude, what kind of weird maps do you possess? Mexico is a North American country. We don't even need to argue about this one, here you go:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico

As for Greenland: Greenland is a Danish governed by Denmark. They do have their own government but it only decides about domestic policies and minor stuff. Greenland is not a completely independent country. It is true that physiographically, Greenland is part of North America but culturally and socially, it is part of Europe . If you ever visit Greenland you will find a lot of similarities to Scandinavian countries.

• Greenland is an independent country, they compete on the Olympics, and Mexico is a part of Latin America, only Anglo-America is North America.

• I love the US.
    I really like Canada too, but I've never been there. And about Greenland... well, there's not much there that gets my attention.

• www.google.co.uk/search I think @BelleGirl21 is right mexico is part of north america. Blocking comments because your wrong is so weak dude lmao

• Mexico City has the largest population in North America.

• Perhaps the question should have been whats your favourite anglo American country but then you lose greenland because its not in anglo america. Personally my favorite North American country is Cuba. wouldn't want to go to haiti but Jamaca would be so sweet.

• @Jaydog666 - I'm not a racist, but Mexico, Cuba, Jamaica and Haiti are a part of Central America as you can see here:

www.iom.int/.../central_america_map_edit2.gif

As for your friend @Goldie757 - Belize is a part of Central America and Latin America, because it was a former Spanish colony, later occupied by the British.

On the other hand, Greenland is a part of North America, as you can see here:

www.sel.barc.usda.gov/scalenet/images/canada.gif

• I would like to see Canada someday

• Trinidad and Tobago 'cause I love the Island sound of steel drums.

• But Trinidad and Tobago are in Central America...

• Well, here's what Wikipedia says: Most of the (North America) continent's land area is dominated by Canada, the United States, Greenland, and Mexico, with smaller states in the Central American and Caribbean regions.

• Central America is not the same as North America, actually, it's a part of Latin America, just like South America, only Anglo-America is North America. Wikipedia is not reliable.

• Mexico I love the fajita nachos

• Yeah, but Mexico is more like Central America...

• @asker perhaps you should just ask what is your favorite mostly Caucasian country on the American continent

• @Jaydog666 - The question is strictly geographical, not race related.

• USA, I live there so I should vote for it

• Australia.

• Australia is a part of Oceania, not North America.

• United States.

• I was gonna say Greenland, because we colonized it and brutalized it and whatnot. But then I figured nothing much happens there.

• Where's Mexico bruh? Mexico is part of North America lol

• USA because I live their.

• https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland lmao love it. Never let actual facts get in the way of an opinion eh @asker. @BlueCoyote

• @Jaydog666 - You have no idea about the facts, read your wikipedia, it clearly said: "physiographically a part of the continent of North America" - I don't care about political or cultural relations with Europe , the question is geographical. geography is science, politics is not.

• Canada, followed by Greenland ;)

• I don't like any of them.

• Why not?

• They just seem boring to me except for NYC