What inspires you to write stories? What type of things do you write about?

Another weird question, can I get three in a row? Jk, but if you write stories and poems, what inspires you? I usually just write and go crazy until I lose the will to write, which can be anywhere from ten minutes to an hour to my hand cramping up and I can't go on.

Also, what do you typically write about? I usually write stories that go away from societal normalities. Like I had to write a short story for class (had to be over 5, mines was 37 so the longest in all her classes XD) and it was about a girl (alicia) raised in a Catholic household who meets a lesbian (alex) and starts a relationship with her, but alex dumps alicia because alicias priest guy found out and threatened her recommendation to a prestigious catholic university if they continue dating. Sounds pretty stardard in a way, but I am writing a part two from alexs pov, cause the first one is from alicias. My poems, on the other hand, come rare and when I do write them I'm told they're very deep. I get INTO my poems, like fuck my hand cramping up I'll keep on until I break it in a way that prevent writing. I've been so entranced in a poem at one point I switched to my left hand to keep writing it, I just couldn't stop! All my poems are never fictional, its all emotional. I don't rhyme though, I suck at rhyming lol.

So what inspires you to write and what do you write about?

Most Helpful Girl

• I write all the time! I'm not very good at poems though tbh. I get most of my inspiration from media and whatever random crap falls into my brain. If I think oh, gosh that gives me good idea, then I usually write it on a list I have or I might try to start it, but they usually never go well so I end up post poning them for later. I have on story that's about a hundred and twenty pages long and then another one that's between eighty and a hundred pages. I don't really want to go into details about what they're about because I'm not too into sharing them 😂 I almost always want some romance in my stories though. My one story is a dystopian society kinda mixed with a tragedy, and my other one is kinda more of a romance mixed with action mixed with fantasy. Yeah I'm a nerd 😂

• Sounds like mines lol. My other story is literally about four kids who are part of a society of people who can transform into animals. Only one kid knows, though she's not really a kid but I can't go into detail cause we'll be here all year. The other three don't even know that is real and one kid is in denial, and he is a huge part of the plot. It's supposed to be five parts, switching viewpoints but primarily focused on one so each part switches views. Got it set so the military wants them to figure out how they do it.

• Wow that sounds really good! :)

What Girls Said 1

• I write about fiction stories most of them are self discovery, supernatural stories though. Working on a manuscript now 199 pages.

What Guys Said 1

• i've tried writin some erotica (about my fetishes) in da past... just 4 fun :p