How can you tell if the person your talking to online is a real or not?

How do you know whether the people you met online are real or if they are fakes?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very difficult sometimes. I think you have to look at their track record. Who they talk to, what do they say? What is the reason for them being on whatever app or website it is? Do they get very personal too quickly? Do they PM girls and straight away talk about very intimate things?

I'll give an example. There is a lady on here that I have chatted to for some long time. She suddenly disappeared, which made me sad. Later, I found she had deleted her account and opened a new one. All that hassle because some sleaze bag wouldn't leave her alone. We are now chatting again as we did before.

• Thanks for MHO!! It was just a few jottings about the things I have noticed and things I know.

What Guys Said 9

• How do you know ANYTHING except form your own brain is real?
    How do you know your best is real or your mom? Maybe they're just a product of an extremely sophisticated simulation that makes you believe they are real. Maybe not even your own body is real. Maybe all that you are is a brain in a glass jar filled with water and wired with electrodes that make you see and feel this world as a matrix.
    How do you know the world and universe are real?
    You don't.
    There is no solution for the solipsism problem.

• Man, that was deep.

• Thanks ;-). It's a very, very interesting question but also one that can make you a little paranoid. That's why I try not to think too much about it ;-).

• Fake people online hesitant to Skype, Webcam,
    or they seem to hide who they are while on Skype , Webcam
    if they can't do that or makes some excuse up than they are fake
    i issued many challenges and got turned down so i said oh well
    they got something their hiding ,,

• Get them to take a selfie with their username.

• Are we A. I.(artificial intelligence) or something? Otherwise I would think you were talking about a dating site.

• It's hard to know. If people are reluctant to share equally and get unpleasant or unresponsive when encouraged to, I suspect they're fake.

• By video chatting.

• Well you dont know, you just have to trust =)

• Like... are they computers immitating people?

• You never know. The only way to know is to believe

What Girls Said 6