Do men lose respect for women who spend money on them?

My friends with benefits made me feel bad the other day because I bought a hotel room for us and when we were done I asked if he wanted to hang out afterwards and grab a bite and he smirked and said " why? Are you gonna buy me dinner?"

It felt like he was making fun that I was spending so much on him.

Do guys lose respect for women who spend on them or show a loy of interest in them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Luck guy, he gets free sex, free hotel room, and free meals.

I'm not sure if he's losing respect, he might not have ever respected you. It definitely sounds like he's getting the better end of this arangment.

What Guys Said 15

• I don't lose respect at all. Unfortunately there are some guys who may not like it, culturally we're expected to pay for things, but times change, I have no problems with a girl who wants to spend money on me.

• No I would think most couples would split bills

• I would gain respect and show appreciation that mother fucker had the nerve to say something like that?

Girl, you need a man who is not gonna be smart ass and show appreciation

• Yeah if you spoil us men too much we will take advantage of that niceness it has the same effect if a man spent too much money on a woman and it depends how many times they do it too.

• If you're trying to 'buy' his love then yeah it sounds needy. But is no different than a guy doing it too.

I think both parties should be able to pay equally.

• That'd probably make a guy gain respect for a woman. For him I don't know his response didn't seem overly sarcastic where he is actually annoyed by it.

• ehhh i sure dont. can't speak for other guys

• No he just sounds really insecure.

• No, I would feel very good if a girl did that for me.

• I dont! Its a sighn that they actually care about them. That was a really nice thing you did for him and he should respect that and you.

• IF you did that for me, I would rent the next 1000000 rooms

• Probably poking fun about you starting to treat him like a date rather than a friends with benefits .

• No I would be happy if a girl spent money on me I would love her

• I would respect a woman even more

• When you guys became friends with benefits , I think the respect had already flown out the window

• But, why? It's not fair because he can't judge me for giving it up quickly. It takes two to have sex. If he thinks I'm a slut, then what is he? No different

• Yes, but you agreed to it

• asker

It is possible for your friends with benefits to have lost respect for himself at the same time he lost respect for you. That would not be hypocritical.

Women, it seems, tend to discount the idea that even when guys are getting the sex they want, they still might not feel good about themselves.

What Girls Said 4

• Its not bad atall.. i feel like in the friend with benefit situation someone has t lead..
    my friends with benefits is payin for my five stall hotel for two days in a different country n im being told on here im using him. its one of those things... if u wantt to do it, do it because u want to

• Yes. Of course. Do you value something more that you had to pay for... or something that you got for free?

• some of they hates independent women

• He doesn't sound like a friend at all, he's just getting the benefits.