Do you read news papers? Does it not add extra stress?

I meant the content in the news.

Most Helpful Guy

• i haven't legit legit read the papers in a very long time... but i do follow the news though... just that its all online. I dont think it adds too much extra stress. Reading the daily shoot out and case of police brutality against minorities in the USA reminds me of how great it is to be a Canadian, so its opposite of a stress inducer.

What Guys Said 19

• 1. I read newspapers everyday
    2. But off late most of the news is quite disheartening and demotivating if one goes to think about it
    3. Again one needs to keep self updated on things happening around, it's useful
    4. The really depressing news that doesn't have anything to do remotely with economy I generally skip :)

• I catch news through social media and the topics I'm interested I feel myself taking breaks from so they don't stress me out.

• I don't read them. I don't need to condition myself with yet more self important, narrow focused, rubbish.

• Yeah, some of them are narrowed minded and rubbish.

• I sometimes read the free newspaper Metro. It doesn't stress me at all because it mostly contains everyday, gossip articles.

• I use to literally everyday going to highschool. My HS was smack in the middle of a busy city so there were newspaper carriers everywhere. Didn't really add any stress, I was always up to date with news so there wasn't anything in the paper that I didn't know about.

Most of the time I just read it so that HR would go by quicker

• Not too much of a newspaper reader i think it does add more stress..

• I read it. Its relaxing compared to other sources of news.

• I dont read papers. I only listen to talk radio.

• news depresses me

• Yeah I read the online newspaper version everyday.. Gotta keep up with the crazy world.

• I read the comics only, news to sad

• No I don't read newspapers.

• I don't mind reading newspapers

• I dont read them anymore I watch the news

• Only one I particularly like.

• No but I watch Fox News.

• Isn't Fox news biased?

• Well the commentary shows are, but at least they're truthful. Just because it's harsh and liberals don't like it doesn't mean it's a lie...

• I don't like reading the news most of the time

• I don't pay attention to the news. I don't get anything of value from it and it's only about negative stuff

• I read the sports page, when we get the paper on Wednesday, Friday , Saturday and Sunday. We no longer get it on Monday Tuesday and Thursday, as it seems dumb now and days but we still enjoy some of the days newspapers. My mom loves the Friday magazine and my dad likes the Sunday funnys

What Girls Said 9

• its one of the main reason i sometimes stay away from newpapers

• If I learn of news, it's usually because I see something online that catches my eye, watching ESPN or I'm with someone who is watching the news. I can't stand watching the news and find that depressing. TV news seems to be different from written news, I guess because most TV news is local and I live near a ghetto city that is full of crime. But when I lived in Chicago, I would read stuff online and started getting scared enough to want to move back home (which I eventually did, in large part because of finances, but I was relieved to move). Chicago is actually less dangerous than where I'm from, but I had to be out in public way too much and at odd hours in Chicago to feel safe vs here after the news.

• I have a news app on my phone so I get notifications on stories, I used to think the news was too boring but I think it's good to know what's happening outside your little bubble.

• I don't. We have internet nowadays for that.

• Not really. I used to. But it's so depressing anymore.

• I read newspapers. I think it's interesting to know what is happening in the world. I mainly tend to read the entertainment section, celebrity section, movie section, house section and the wedding section.

• I do read newspapers, it makes me feel like an adult ahha

• not really no

• i read them every now and then. i prefer a paper to read over something on the internet or my phone