Do you believe in this quote?

"A mans face is his autobiography, a womans face is her work of fiction." i think it holds a lot of truth to it.

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• Only to the extent that our society requires women to be something they are not---makeup, hairstyle, fashion, etc.

As far as honesty, I think women are more forthright with their emotions and desires then men. Most men hide their feeling so well, even they don't know what they are!

It might interest you to know, by the way, modern writing theory holds that biography IS fiction, particularly autobiography. Put in this context, if men’s faces are the self-told stories of their lives, it just means they believe their own bullsh1t.

• how can a factual documentation of someones life be fiction?

• so if a man says he remembers owning a company for 3 years its fiction even if he has documentation?

• It means that his recollection of owning that company will be filtered through his own point of view, thus coloring the retelling of events. He may see himself as a compassionate and fair-minded boss, for example. His employees might say he was greedy and controlling. Which is the truth?

What Girls Said 6

• It doesn't make sense to me. If this is about wearing make up then I think guys specifically need to realize that you need A LOT and I mean a lot of make up to change your face completely. Your basic features do not somehow magically go away. Women don't always wear make up either some don't even wear any. Both genders are guilty of doing things to look better than they normal would. Whether it's getting a better hair cut, getting your teeth whitened or fixed or changing your hair color etc.

• the quote can be interpreted in many ways. one of the main ways is women usually put on a fabricated persona for people to see while men dont.

• I don't think that's true at all.. anybody can be fake. Not just women.

• Woman are judged more for their appearance their their honesty
    Men are judged more for their honesty then for their appearance (at least by certain social groups - this is not always the case)

I try to avoid judging both men and woman by what they look like because I know God does not view people that way.

• I'm very open and expressive and I don't wear much make-up, so I don't like to think that my face is a work of fiction.

• If you mean by make up most of the time women yes but lots of girls do natural make up colors. Plus men sometimes lie to if this is what you mean!!

• Maybe for women who wear a lot of makeup and plastic surgery I suppose

• You could interpret that another way.

A woman's face is her autobiography , because she is an open book about how she feels inside. She displays her true emotions

A mans face is his work of fiction, because he hides how he really feels inside. He is crying on the inside when the outside he appears happy. So he hides his true emotions

What Guys Said 4

• I think that may be a dig at make up.

• I don't think so. There are some things reflected in your face that are very difficult to hide. A lot of men also wear "masks" to cover up what they don't want others to see. It doesn't really matter if you're a man or a woman, anyone can hide who they are, or be an open book. It has nothing to do with gender.

• Everybody diffrent

• I don't see why it would be true.