How can I make quitting smoking easier?

I haven't had any cigarettes since May 30. It was not because I wanted to though, it was because I moved back to my parent's house and gave up my job. I'd have secretly smoked if I had an income. I just don't feel right buying cigarettes with my parents' money.

Some time ago, I also stayed with them for a month. During that time, not smoking wasn't as hard as now. I only rarely felt the longing for a cigarette.

This time, it has only been two weeks but man is it hard. I kept dreaming of smoking or buying cigarettes, and the craving is bad.

Is there a way to make it easier without patches and the likes? My parents doesn't know that I used to smoke

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh it is hard, I know. It has been about a year since I quit after smoking for like 10 years? Forcing myself didn't work, money was never an issue, all smokers always have money for a packet of cigarettes, even if they are broke.

You cannot quit right then and there. It does not work, it affects your psyche. One way I have heard some girls do it is smoking menthols, though, they were on blues or even reds before that.

Chewing gum is viable, also anything that keeps your hands busy. For example, a stress ball or some kimd of handwork.

Working out is the definite winner, but you need to start slow, since your breath is quite short, I think.

What Guys Said 6

• I think not having access to it helps. It's not like you die without it.

• I heard gum (especially bubble gum) helps the "keeping the mouth busy" sensation, kept under wraps.

• One badass addict tbh its very difficult to get rid off once you are in it try diverting your attention into something else or try to reduce your daily smoking intake hope it helps

• I don't know eat sugary stuff...

• Maybe buy ecigs without tobacco in them and just the vapor and simulate smoking. It might help.

• Do something distracting, like video games or playing guitar.

What Girls Said 3

• Nope, not really. This is what happens when your body gets addicted to poison. You just have to live with it.

• Who said you had to buy cigarettes to smoke? You can always bum smokers for cigarettes and pay it with a little small talk ;)

• Lol already considered it. But I don't know anyone that well and have too much pride to ask a strange for a cigarette

• Have you tried chewing gums whenever you feel like smoking instead?

• Best to take wellbutrin (depression drug that reduces smoking withdrawl) and go cold turkey